Vellore - Obtain Driver License Extract (DL Extract)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain Driver License Extract (DL Extract) in Vellore.
- To obtain Driver License Extract, you have to approach the nearest RTO office of your area.
- Link for Contact details : Contact link
- Please make sure you are eligible to make the application by going through the eligibility criteria provided under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Apply for DL Extract in writing on a A4 paper by affixing 5 rupee stamp on the top right corner of your requisition letter.
- Now submit the completed application forms which you have done in online and attach all the Required Documents as mentioned in the Required Documents section along with the form and submit it to the RTO office.
- Pay the appropriate fees as per authorities quotes.
- The authorities will process your application.
- After all the process the authorities will Issue the DL Extract.
- To obtain Driver license Extract,visit the parivahan government website by clicking on the following link : Website link
- After visiting the website click on the “Online Services” button and select the “Driving license Related Services” option.
- Now select the state from the Drop down listbox.
- Under “Driving License” option click on the “Services On DL (Renewal/Duplicate/AEDL/Others) button.
- Read the following and click on the “Continue” button.
- In the next page enter the driving license number and date and click the “Get DL Extract” Option.
- In the next page it will show your details,fill the balance details asked in that form and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Next select and fill all the required options and click the “Proceed” button.
- Next select the “DL Extract” option from the list of options displayed and click “Proceed”.
- Now select the reason that why you are applying for the DL Extract ?and click “Continue” button.
- Now a box will be displayed on the left side click that first box and enter the captcha code and click “Submit”.
- After this it will show the acknowledgement receipt download and print it for future reference.
- Now click on the “Next” button it will show “Application form prefilled” download the form and click “Proceed”.
- It will show payment option select your bank and enter the captcha code mentioned there and click the “Pay Now” button.
- Now Put a tick mark and click “Proceed for payment” button.
- Select your desired payment gateway and pay.
- After paying print the payment acknowledgement for future reference.
- Now take all the required documents as mentioned in the required documents section.
- After verification they will provide the DL Extract certificate.
- If you didn’t take the print of your application or if you want to print your application you can follow the following steps:
- You can take printout of online application form with the help of the link: please follow the link: online portal link
- Select your state from the drop down list box against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the next page, please click “Download Forms” to select “Print application form” option.
- Please enter your application number and click on the “Submit” button and follow the next steps to get the printout.
For RTO Appointment:
- You can book appointment with RTO using the following link online portal link.
- Please click “Appointment” option and select “Slot Booking DL Services” option.
- In the new page fill in required details and click the “Submit” button to process your request to book appointment.
- Photocopy of Driving License (Both front and back in a single page).
- Rs 5 court fee Stamp.
- Original DL needs to be handy. (will be returned after verifying in person while submitting application at the counter)
- Pre filled application form.
- Payment receipt.
- Aadhaar card.
- Additional if any.
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office (RTO)
Address : 4.ANDERSON ROAD,
AYANAVARAM,NEAR MTC DEPOT,
Office Landline : 044-26745959
Cug No : 9384808067
E-mail : [email protected]
Contact link : Contact link
Select the District or Zone option and click show button to fine the RTO contact address of your area : Contact link
- To apply for DL Extract the applicant should be a Valid driving license holder.
- Those who are in need of foreign DL can apply.
- As RTO quote.
- Rs.5 stamp for application.
- Online fees – Rs.25.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 2 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Applicant details.
- Address details.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
Need for the Document
- The need for a driving license extract arises for many requirement including applying a foreign D.L.
- The DL Extract is issued for insurance claims and for N. O. C. to other licensing authorities.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license.
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive.
- Driving license extract is detailed history of your driving license.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.