Vellore - Correct or Update a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Correct or Update a Birth Certificate in Vellore.
- Applicant shall approach the “panchayat/ municipal/Corporation / Health Department” in your area from where the certificate was obtained.
- Link for contact. link1 AND link1 AND Chennai corporation
- Obtain 'Birth Certificate Update/correction Form' from the respective counter or write in a paper to apply.
- Please complete the application form and attach the required documents and submit it to the receiving authority
- The accepted application and documents will be verified by the authority and a acknowledgement will be provided for applying.
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting the form and keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further by the respective department.
- Once the process is over, applicant gets notification to collect the certificate.
- Use the acknowledgment slip to obtain certificate from the office as per notified period.
- Note: This changes will be published in a local newspaper and with the respective state official Gazette publication.
- Application form
- Valid birth certificate
- Affidavit from local notary
- Affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal about the reason of name change.
- Address proof (Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents as per requirement
- Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar Card of Parents as per requirement
- Name of the Parent
- Date of birth of the child
- Location of residence
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, Kannappar Thidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Applicant with valid birth certificate
- As quoted by authorities
Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Sub: Correction in Birth Certificate
<Child_Name> was born to <Father_Name> and <Mother_Name> on <Date_Of_Birth>. Birth certificates were issued by “Authority” on <Birth_Cert_Issue_Date> (Certificate Nos. <Birth_Cert_Numbers>) This is in regard with a correction request in birth certificate of <Child_Name>.
Mother’s name needs to be changed from <Present_Name> to <Corrected_Name>.
Kindly make the suggested changes.
(Mother’s Signature) (Father’s Signature)
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply for the birth certificate
- Date of birth
- Name of applicant
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Place of birth
- birth certificate details.
Need for the Document
- Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment
- Those who have a birth certificate and changed their name will have to change or correct their birth certificate
- A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Information which might help
In order to get Indian citizenship for a child born to Indian parent(s) in a foreign country, the birth of the child is to be registered at the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate and thereafter (or at the same time) the parents can apply for issue of an Indian passport for the child. For more information, kindly contact Indian Embassy/Consulate in your jurisdiction or visit their website.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.