Vellore - Correct or Update Voter List (Electoral Roll)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Correct or Update Voter List (Electoral Roll) in Vellore.
- Voters who found that their name has been misspelt or the address mentioned is wrong on their voter id shall apply for correction/update of particulars entered in the electoral roll.
- Applicant can reach nearest electoral office (EO) and collect a copy of Form 8, for correction of particulars entered in the electoral roll.
- Link for contacts: link Please select district from the drop down list and click “SUBMIT” button for contact details AND link2 for locating offices Please select the state and rest of the details as appropriate and click Search button.
- Application form can be obtained from the respective office OR you can download it online
- Use the following link to download form. Online link for form8 (Hindi / English) : link please click “Download this file” button to get prompt. Please click the “Download” button next to the preferred language.
- Complete the application form with correct details. Attach required documents as per our required document section. Submit them to the receiving officer.
- On receiving the application, an acknowledgement will be issued in the form of an application reference number, which can be used to track the application status.
- This application will be processed and information will be verified by the electoral authorities.
- If the verification is successful, notification will be sent to the candidate.
- Updated card shall be obtained as per notification from the nearest electoral office.
Apply through Online Portal - Vellore Correct or Update Voter List (Electoral Roll) Online with Images
- Go to the online website. Link for site : link
- In the given new window, click “login/register” button under “Login/Register to Avail following Facilities” on the left part of the screen.
- User will reach login page. Please enter “User Name”,“Password” and “captcha” as appropriate and click “Login” button.
- If you are a new user then user please use the “Don’t have account, register…..” option to reach registration page. Complete the page prompts as appropriate and click “Register” button to register and then login.
- Once login, in the given page click “Correction in personal details” button.
- A new page prompts user to choose either “Self” or “Family” as per requirement. Please choose as per requirement and click “Next” button.
- user shall also select the language of choice.
- In the new page please enter the Part number and Serial number at the prompted space. Make entries which require changes or correction. Fill the required details correctly.
- Upload relevant documents as applicable. Please enter email ID, Phone number and other details as applicable.
- Enter the captcha at the prompted space and click “Submit” button to apply online.
- A system generated reference id will be displayed as acknowledgement.
- Save this id safe for future reference to check the status.
- This application will be processed by the department.
- The internal process will be initiated to verify the details.
- Applicant gets notification about the updates on the different stages of process.
- Follow the notification to get the updated voter ID.
- Please submit your original voter ID at the time of collecting updated voter ID
- These change will reflect on the voters list in the next turn of voting for election.
- Application form.
- Voter ID
- Official document containing the changed or corrected name/other details (such as government gazette copy, passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate).
- Supporting document as proof of age.
- Supporting document as proof of Address.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Chief Electoral Officer:
Rajaji Rd, Near Legislature and Secretariat,
Fort St George, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600009
E-mail: [email protected]
Link for contact information: Contact chief Electrical Officer
- Valid Voter ID card holders whose particulars / details need to be corrected / changed.
- Please pay as authorities quote.
This updated Voter ID card is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It takes 3 weeks to get updated card
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- India is the largest democracy in the world. Your vote is your voice. If you don’t exercise the right to vote, you’ll be a hypocrite when you complain about politics. Voting is our chance to make a difference in our own lives and within the world.
- Name (With Documentary Proof)
- Age (With Documentary Proof)
- Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof)
- Place of Birth, Relations Name
- Place of Ordinary Residence
- Details of Family Members Already Included in the Electoral Roll
- Mobile number
- email ID
- Voter ID number
Need for the Document
- If your name, age, sex or any other particulars is mentioned wrongly, then you need to apply for updating them.
- In case of change of name, then apply for changing your name on the voter ID.
Information which might help
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950.
- Your Voter ID card serves as general purpose identity proof, address proof and age proof such as buying a mobile phone SIM or applying for a passport.
- Voter ID card or Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all eligible voters, to enable voter identification on Election Day. Voter Id is considered as one of the document for applying Pan Card, Ration Card, Driving License etc.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.