Vellore - Complaint about Faulty Electricity Meter
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Complaint about Faulty Electricity Meter in Vellore.
- Approach the Vellore Electricity Board (TNEB) to register your complaint regarding the faulty electricity meter.
- Refer to the “Office Locations & Contacts” section in this procedure to see the respective address and contact details.
- Record the complaint according to the office guidelines.
- Once the complaint is recorded the consumer will be provided with an acknowledgement which needs to be kept safe until further notice.
- The request will be taken care of by the respective authority.
- A technician will visit on the address mentioned in the application to inspect the electricity meter.
- If the electricity meter is found faulty, it is removed and taken to the department lab for checking.
- The department will inform to the consumer to either collect the repaired meter or the replaced meter until which the consumer needs to wait until further notice from the department.
- The consumer must follow the department notice and regulations to get the electricity meter fixed.
- You can register your complaint on the Vellore Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited(TANGEDCO) website by navigating to this link Link
- Before filing the complaint the consumer must login or sign up for registration with the help of valid consumer number and email ID.
- On completion of registration, an e-mail will be sent for validation. A click on the link in the e-mail will open the user login screen.
- The user shall login using the authenticated username/password for preferring complaints through web site.
- A "Forget password" link is available for generating e-mail to the registered mail-id which shall furnish the current password.
- Login using this url: Link
- After login click on “Reach Us” and “Consumers Complaint” and a complaint form will appear on the screen.
- Fill out all the mandatory details required. Refer to the “Required Information” section in this procedure to fill the required details. Save the form and click on submit.
- The complaint is now fully submitted.
- After the complaint is submitted the fuse man will visit for the inspection of the faulty meter and replace the meter from the local or centralized location.
- Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
- Copy of card issued by electricity board
- Photo of the consumer/applicant
- Scan Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD LIMITED
NPKRR Maaligai, 800 Anna Salai
India - 600002
Contact Details: +91 44 2852 0131
Contact link: Link
Consumers whose meter are damaged and show fault readings can apply for this complaint.
The fees and payment depends on the respective electricity board and respective state.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes up to 1 month of time or more.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Consumer number
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Contact Type
- Contact Number
- Email Id
- Brief description of the complaint
Need for the Document
Lodging complaint against your electricity provider in case of faulty electricity meter will help you replace your meter and have it to function well again.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.