Vellore - Change Address in Vehicle Registration Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Change Address in Vehicle Registration Certificate in Vellore.
- To apply for a change of address in vehicle registration certificate in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form Form-33. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Please use the link to reach online portal Parivahan : Online portal
- Enter the registration Number as prompted and hit “PROCEED”
- New screen will open to give options to choose. Choose “Misc (TO/CoA/HPA/HPC/HPT/DupRC)” to get new screen.
- Enter your Chassis (Last 5 digits) number and click the button next to chassis number box
- In the next screen, Fill in required details and upload documents to process the online procedure.
- Take printout of acknowledgment and application.
- You can then submit this application along with bunch of required documents to the RTO officer personally to process further as per apply in person procedure
- To book appointment, please use the following link: Appointment link
- Enter the registration Number as prompted and hit “PROCEED”
- In the next window, select “book appointment” under “Appointment” option to get the next screen
- Enter the Application Number in the prompted box and hit “get user details” to process the request for getting the slot
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
The required documents for change of address are given below
- Intimation of change in address in Form-33 in Duplicate (in Triplicate if it is covered by HP
- Aadhaar Card
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Proof of address (any one of the following):
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Passport size photo
- Pay slip issued by Govt. Office or a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary public.
- No objection certificate from the Financier, if the vehicle with Hire Purchase
- Valid Tax
- Valid Pollution under Control Certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
Owner of the vehicle can apply for change of address in the Registration Certificate.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Fees to be paid for change of address are
- Compounding Fee for belated application
- Up to 30 Days Rs.40/-
- Up to 60 Days Rs.75/-
- Above 60 Days Rs.100/- + Service charges Rs.50/-
Incase of non transport vehicles like two wheelers and cars, the registration certificate is valid for 15 years from the date of first registration,and it is renewed after every five subsequent years.
Incase of transport vehicles like goods and passenger carriers the registration certificate is valid till certificate of fitness is valid.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time Limit for change of address in the Registration Certificate is the Same Day.
Tamil Nadu – Change Address In Vehicle Registration Certificate
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனம் பதிவு சான்றிதழில் மாற்று முகவரி
- If the owner of a car changes his residence or place of business, he must inform the RTO of his new address within 30 days.
- If the car is to be used in another state for a period exceeding one year, a new registration number must be obtained.
- An application for change of address in Registration Certificate shall be made in Form 33 along with No Objection Certificate (NOC). The application can be submitted to the Regional Transport Officer (or) Motor Vehicle Inspector, Grade-I / II.
- Full name of owner of vehicle
- Father / Husband's Name
- Old Address
- New Address
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Date and Place of Registration
Need for the Document
If a registered owner of a vehicle shifts his address as recorded in the Registration Certificate, he must apply for recording of the new address, after obtaining a N.O.C from the previous registering authority. In cases where such change of address is from one state to another, then the registration number will have to be changed to a local registration number.
Information which might help
While driving you have to keep the original R.C. Book, Insurance of your Bike, Tax Token, Pollution Certificate with your Vehicle. On Road, the Motor vehicle Inspector ask you for all these papers. Those papers should not be expired.
Numbering of vehicle in India is done at Regional/Sub Regional Transport Offices located in various states. Each vehicle number has prescribed format. Take an example of a vehicle number TN-75 A 9999, where 'TN' denotes state code for Tamilnadu State, '75' denotes RTOs code for Marthandam, 'A' denotes series and '9999' denotes running serial number between 1 and 9999.
- A list of RTOs in Vellore and the assigned codes for vehicle registration.
TN-01 Chennai City - Central (RTO @ Ayanavaram)
TN-02 Chennai City - North West (RTO @ Anna Nagar)
TN-03 Chennai City - North East (RTO @ Tondiarpet)
TN-04 Chennai City - East (RTO @ Royapuram)
TN-05 Chennai City - North (RTO @ Kolathur)
TN-06 Chennai City - South East (RTO @ Mandavelli)
TN-07 Chennai City - South (RTO @ Thiruvanmiyur)
TN-09 Chennai City - West (RTO @ K. K. Nagar)
TN-10 Chennai City - South West (RTO @ Virugambakkam)
TN-11 Chennai Suburban- South-2 (RTO @ Tambaram)
TN-12 Chennai Suburban- West (RTO @ Poonamallee)
TN-13 Chennai Suburban- North West (RTO @ Ambattur)
TN-14 Chennai Suburban- South East (RTO @ Sholinganallur)
TN-16 Tindivanam /Gingee
TN-18 Chennai Suburban- North (RTO @ Red Hills)
TN-19 Chengalpattu/ Madurantakam
TN-22 Chennai Suburban- South 1 (RTO @ Meenambakkam)
TN-27 Salem District (Defunct)
TN-28 Namakkal North / Rasipuram
TN-29 Dharmapuri/Palacode / Harur
TN-30 Salem West / Omalur
TN-33 Erode East
TN-37 Coimbatore South /Sulur
TN-38 Coimbatore North
TN-39 Tirupur North/Avinashi
TN-41 Pollachi /Valparai
TN-42 Tirupur South/Kangeyam
TN-45 Tiruchirapalli West / Manapparai
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.