Vellore - Cancel your Ration Card or Smart Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Cancel your Ration Card or Smart Ration Card in Vellore.
A ration card/Smart ration card needs to be cancelled in order to obtain Surrender Certificate so that consumer can apply for new one under certain circumstances like marriage, relocation, transfer etc.
- In order to cancel ration card, please apply with ration office/shop of your area OR Assistant Commissioner (AC) /Taluk Supply Officers (TSO)as applicable.
- Link for contact: link AND link for district Select district option from the left part of the screen. In the given page please select the name of the district to reach respective district page. Here select the hyperlink for respective portal. In the district portal please select “DIRECTORY > PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities “ or “DIRECTORY > Contact Directory” or “ABOUT DISTRICT > ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP > Revenue Administration” option for contact details AND FPS dealer link please select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers AND District food and supply officer in both the above link, please select the respective state to get the new page. Here fill the page prompt and hit respective tab to get details.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used
- Please submit the completed cancellation application, original ration card along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities will do the due diligence of the submitted application and documents. They will verify with their records.
- A deletion slip along with ration card is given to the applicant who then has to go to the Fair Price Shop concerned, get the card deleted from the A-Register and get a deletion slip signed by the salesman.
- Hand over the deletion slip with the family card to the AC/TSO office and get an acknowledgement slip with a time limit as in the Charter. Changes are thereafter carried out in the family card by AC/TSO and a surrender certificate prepared.
- Applicant is given the surrender certificate on collection of the acknowledgement slip.
- Application form.
- Original ration card
- Residence Proof (Example – Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport),
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size Photographs
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department.:
Commissioner, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department,
Ezhilagam 4th Floor, Chepauk, Chennai - 5.
Telephone No :28592255
Fax : 040-23318456
Link for contact : Contact Info
- A valid ration card holder.
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the respective office while applying.
- Cancelled or submitted ration card is no longer valid.
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be two days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply.
- Applicant details.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- If a consumer needs to submit or cancel his/her ration card for applying new one at the place where he/she got transferred.
- Surrender certificate is required from the old ration shop to apply with the ration department in the new area.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.