Vellore - Apply to get Tenant Verification
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply to get Tenant Verification in Vellore.
- To apply for a Tenant Verification In-Person, get the Tenant Verification form from the nearest police station in Tamil Nadu.
- You can also download the form online and print it in your preferred language: Application Form
- In the procured form, fill the Name, Office Address, Office Phone Number, Residential Address and Residential Phone Number of the Landlord.
- Under the section of “Particulars of Tenant to whom premises let out”, fill in all the required details of the Tenant.
- Fill the detail of anyone of the following ID Proof of the Tenant: Passport, Driving Licence, Arms Licence, Ration card, Voter ID, PAN Card.
- Mention the date of occupation of the Tenant in your Building.
- Paste a Passport size photograph of the Tenant in the space given.
- Sign the form with the date under the space given for “Signature of the Landlord”
- Attach Photocopy of Photo ID proof and Consent Letter Consent Letter Template
- Submit the form at the nearest Police Station TN Police Stations
- The Police Station would charge a fee of Rs. 500 for this process.
- Receive the acknowledgement receipt and keep it safe for further reference.
- Visit the Police Station to get the report once it is ready.
Note: If there is more than one tenant, separate form should be submitted.
- To apply for Tenant Verification online, visit the Vellore Police Verification services from the link: Apply Online
- In the displayed webpage, from the given service types, select Tenant Verification.
- Fill your mobile number, secure code and click the Send OTP option.
- In the given new window, fill the OTP received in phone. Fill the secure code and click on submit.
- A new window will show up asking for the Landlord’s details. Fill all your details in the given window.
- Upload any Govt. issued ID with size of Max. 50KB - PNG/JPEG Format.
- Save the details and a new window will pop up asking for the Tenant’s Details.
- Fill the required details, and attach the required documents in the required file size and format.
- Check the details filled for any correction before you submit the form. Submitted forms cannot be altered.
- Pay the required fee of Rs.500 in the new window.
- Pay the fee using a mode of payment viz. Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Your application will now be processed and the police will make verifications to create a Report.
- You can Verify the status of your application or download it online from the “View Status” option in the Police Verification services once it is ready.
- The Report will also be sent to the applicant’s registered E-Mail ID and it could be downloaded from there.
- You do not have to visit a police station to get the report.
- Passport size photo
- Address Proof (any govt. issued document showing address)
- Consent Letter from the person to be verified. (Could be downloaded online and must be filled by the Tenant)
Office Locations & Contacts
You can visit any of the nearest police station if you’re applying in person. TN Police Stations
- Landlords residing in Tamil Nadu.
- Persons who have consented for verification.
- A fee of Rs. 500 is charged for an individual.
- There is no validity period for a Tenant Verification Certificate.
- It solely depends on the person/authority accepting the Tenant Verification Certificate.
Documents to Use
- Form for applying In-Person: Application form
- Consent letter template for online application:Consent Letter Template
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing usually takes 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Make sure you mention valid details while applying for a Tenant Verification. Your application could get cancelled if the details furnished are not valid.
Details of the Landlord:
- Name and Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
Details of the Tenant:
- Father’s Name
- Permanent address with Phone Number
- Previous Address, Phone Number with Date of Vacation
- Detail of Photo ID
- Date of Occupation of the Premises
Need for the Document
- Under any circumstances, it is advisable to apply for a Tenant verification certificate before you rent out your Building to a Tenant.
- Terrorists and Criminals usually try to rent a place with forged documents. Thus, conducting a Tenant Verification would ensure that you are renting out your building to someone who is not troublesome.
Information which might help
- When one applies for a Tenant Verification, the police runs a complete background check on the Tenant and their details are stored with the police.
- This protects the Tenant from involving in any criminal activities in the near future, since their records are stored with the police.
- Landlords could be booked for renting out a property to a terrorist or a criminal without prior Tenant Verification.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Tenant verification is especially important when you are living in another state or country while renting out your property in Tamil Nadu.
- FAQ for Tenant Verification: More Info
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.
*The Police would call the Landlord and Tenant for clarifications.
- The Police would visit the Tenant’s residence for Verification.
- The Tenant could also be called to the Police Station for this process.