Vellore - Apply to get Servant (Domestic Help) Verification
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply to get Servant (Domestic Help) Verification in Vellore.
- To apply for a Domestic help Verification In-Person, get the Domestic Help Verification form from the nearest police station in Vellore TN Police Stations
- In the procured form, fill the required details of the servant or employee.
- Provide the complete description of the employee in the section provided for the same.
- Mention the employee’s friend’s or relative’s information.
- Provide the voluntary fingerprints of the employee if it is required.
- Fill in the detail of any one of the following ID Proofs of the servant: Passport, Driving Licence, Arms Licence, Ration card, Voter ID, PAN Card.
- Affix the passport size photograph of the employee in the space given.
- Fill your details under the space provided for details of the employer or householder.
- Attach Photocopy of Photo ID proofs and Consent Letter Consent Letter Template
- Duly sign the form and submit the form at the nearest Police Station.
- Pay the processing fee if required.
- Receive the acknowledgment receipt and keep it safe for further reference.
- Visit the Police Station to get the report once it is ready.
Note: Carry the original Id proofs to the police station for any necessary cross verifications to be made.
- To apply for Domestic Help Verification online, visit the Vellore Police Verification services from the link: Apply Online
- In the displayed webpage, from the given service types, select “Domestic Help” Verification.
- Fill in your mobile number, secure code, and click the Send OTP option.
- In the given new window, fill the OTP received on the phone. Fill in the secure code and click on submit.
- A new window will show up asking for the employer’s details. Fill in all your details in the given window.
- Upload the scanned copy of your Govt. issued ID with the size of Max. 50KB - PNG/JPEG Format.
- Check the details filled for any correction before you continue.
- Save the details and select continue a new window will pop up asking for the details of the “Person to be verified”.
- Fill in the required details of the employee (Servant).
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the specified file size and format. (Check required documents section for further details)
- Check the details filled for any correction before you submit the form. Submitted forms cannot be altered.
- Pay the required fee in the new window.
- Pay the fee using a mode of payment viz. Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Your application will now be processed and the police will make verifications to create a Report.
- You can verify the status of your application or download it online from the “View Status” option in the Police Verification services once it is ready.
- The Report will also be sent to the applicant’s registered E-Mail ID and it could be downloaded from there.
- You do not have to visit a police station to get the report.
Documents of the servant/domestic help:
- Passport size photo - (Max. 50KB - PNG/JPEG Format for online application)
- Any Govt. Issued Id proof - (Max. 100KB – JPEG/Pdf Format for online application)
- Consent Letter from the person to be verified - Could be downloaded online and must be filled by the employee (100KB- Pdf Format for online application)
Document of the employer: Any Govt. Issued Id Proof (MAX. 50 KB – PNG/JPEG) Acceptable Govt. Id Proofs:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving Licence
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- You could access the list of Police stations and their contact details from the link: TN Police Stations
- Employers residing in Tamil Nadu.
- Persons who have consented for verification.
- A fee of Rs. 500 is charged for an individual for online verification.
- Servant verification is free of charge for Chennai residents.
- There is no validity period for this Verification Report.
- It solely depends on the person/authority accepting the Verification Report.
Documents to Use
- Consent letter template for online application: Consent Letter Template
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing usually takes 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- While applying In- Person, visit the Police Station along with the servant if necessary.
- Make sure you mention valid details while applying for the Verification. Your application could get cancelled if the details furnished are not valid.
- In case of any delay in processing the online application, you could approach the concerned SP/COP through the “Feedback” option under the Police Verification Services.
Details of the Employer
- Name and Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Details of the Domestic Helper
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Current Address and residing period
- Detail of anyone of the following ID Proof of the servant: Passport, Driving Licence, Arms Licence, Ration card, Voter ID, PAN Card
- Permanent Address
- Name, address, and Ph. No. of the previous employer
- Date since when employed
- Specialization obtained in which area of domestic help
- Description of the employee such as height etc
- Name and address of local relatives and friends
- Person of reference
- Voluntary fingerprints
Need for the Document
- While employing a person for domestic help, it is highly advisable to apply for a Police verification report of the said person to ensure your safety.
- When one applies for this Verification, the police runs a complete background check on the person to be employed and their details are stored with the police.
- This protects the employee from involving in any criminal activities in the near future.
- The police verification report also gives information about any troublesome activities of the servant in their previous workplace.
Information which might help
- Servants have access to the employer’s most important details, and one could easily become a victim of servant crime if they do not conduct police verification before hiring them.
- Usually, in the event of a servant crime, the police would be left with zero information about the servant's details. However, a servant verification process would help the police to track such crimes.
- It is highly necessary to do background verification of the servant even if he/she was referred by a friend or an acquaintance.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- FAQ for Domestic Help Verification: More Info
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.
*The Police would call the Servant and his previous employers for clarifications.
- The employer might also be asked to visit the station along with the servant/domestic help.