Vellore - Apply for Goods Carriage National Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Goods Carriage National Permit in Vellore.
- To apply for a Goods Carriage Permit in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form 46 & 48. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the permit by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Aadhaar Card
- Application in Form 46 & 48
- PROOF OF ADDRESS (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Pay slip issued - Govt. Office (or) a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Passport size photo-2
- Pollution under control certificate
- Valid tax
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
- You should be the owner of the vehicle.
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years.
- Rs.1, 500/-
- Rs.500/- (Authorization Fee & DD as prescribed for concerned State valid for one year).
- Service Charge Rs.150.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Following link provides you list of application forms that can be downloaded : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Tamil Nadu - Apply for Goods Carriage National Permit
தமிழ்நாடு - பொருள்களை வாங்குவதற்கான தேசிய அனுமதி
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A National Permit is given when a vehicle operator wants to ply his vehicle in more than 4 states. The Regional Transport Officer is empowered to issue a national permit. Each state fixes the fee to be paid for operating the vehicle in the state. The applicant should specify the states in which he wants to operate his vehicle and pay the fees to the states by separate demand drafts. The age of the vehicle should not exceed 12 years.
Information which might help
Enter other information’s which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.