Vellore - Apply for Duplicate Caste Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Duplicate Caste Certificate in Vellore.
- To apply for duplicate caste certificate, applicant has to approach the Tehsildar at the tehsildar office.
- Link for contact: contact link.
- Get the relevant application form from the authorities and fill the form with valid details appropriately.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the authorities.
- Now collect the acknowledgment slip from the authorities.
- After the verification process, applicant shall receive the duplicate copy of caste certificate.
- Application Form
- Damaged copy of the caste certificate – if available
- Caste Certificate issued to the family members
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Self declaration
- Passport size photo
Office Locations & Contacts
Head Quarters Deputy Tahsildar,:
Link for contact: contact link
- Applicant should be the resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicant must be the citizen of India.
- Applicant whose caste certificate is lost / damaged can apply for duplicate certificate.
Approach the authorities for fee details.
Caste certificate is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time depends on the authorities verification period.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Visit the tehsildhar office of your taluk to obtain the duplicate copy of the caste certificate.
- While applying for fresh caste certificate applicant should provide additional proof that he/she belongs to one particular caste.
- Parent’s Name
- Residential details
- Caste details
Need for the Document
- Caste certificate is a mandatory document during the admission process in educational institutions.
- Caste certificate is required to avail scholarships and financial assistance for the students who fall under specific caste.
- To avail various government based schemes and to get government jobs under reserved categories.
- To get government subsidies, caste certificate is required.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.