Vellore - Apply for Demarcation of Land
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Demarcation of Land in Vellore.
- The applicant has to visit The taluk office (within the area where the land is situated) and apply in-person.
- Link for contact: link for district in the given page please select the name of the district to reach respective district page. Here select the hyperlink for respective portal. In the district portal please select “DIRECTORY >Contact Directory” or “ABOUT DISTRICT>ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP> Revenue Administration” option for contact details.
- Go to the office. Collect the application form/ write in an A4 paper as advised by the authorities.
- Submit the completed application along with documents to the respective authority.
- On the receipt of the application the concerned official shall check the application and if the application meets requirement the official concerned shall register the application in the register concerned and put up the same before the concerned authority for appropriate order. (Please pay as authorities quote as per requirement)
- After the application processed by concerned authority, he/she may pass order on the same day or on the next working day, directing the Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer or concerned authority to demarcate after fixing a date and serving the notice in respect thereof to all the tenure holders concerned.
- This work shall be completed within a period of three months from the date of order passed by deciding authority.
- At the time of demarcation of the plot. The spot memo shall be prepared by the Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer or concerned authority and the same shall be signed by all the parties concerned and by the Chairman of the Land Management Committee and any two independent witnesses present at the time of the demarcation.
- If any party refuses to sign the spot memo, the endorsement to the effect shall be made by the concerned authority present there and the further process will be taken as per case to case
- The Revenue Inspector or other revenue officer or concerned authority shall submit his report of demarcation with spot memo within a period of fifteen days from the date of demarcation.
- If the report is confirmed by the deciding authority, the boundary pillars shall be fixed accordingly within a period of one week
- Application form as obtained from respective office or written on a A4 paper.
- Affidavit / Notary stating that the applicant is owner of the land
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Land documents (should get attestation in all copies from Gazette Officer.)
- Aadhaar Card
- Sketch map for the proposed division as prescribed
- ID proof
- Original sale deed/gift partition deed
- Property Title Deed
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) of the village accountant
- Certified survey map
- Records of Rights and Tenancy Certificate (RTC)
- Certified copy of the Land Tribunal Order
- Certified copy of rights of occupancy
- Zonal certificate from Urban Development Authority
- Photocopy of the atlas of the land
- Photocopy of the revenue survey map of the village
- Copy of current R-o-R
- Any other documents as required
- Up to date land revenue receipt.
- Land or Plot number, area and boundaries of the land
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information: Corporations in Tamil Nadu AND
You are eligible to apply for Demarcation of land if you own a land in your name.
- Authorities will provide fee information.
Demarcation is valid for the land till it is further subdivided or divided for the purpose of sale / for the purpose of partition.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Maximum 3 months
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Provisions of this Act shall not apply to the following category of land:
- Land under GMC/M.B./T.C.
- Land owned by State Govt./Central Govt./Govt. Agencies/Corporations so long as the land is used for official purpose and not used or transferred for commercial purpose.
- Land owned by Local Authority and not used/transferred for commercial purpose.
- Land under tea cultivation.
- Land used for religious/charitable purpose.
- Land used for Aquaculture/Animal Husbandry including poultry/duckery.
- Land used for construction of dwelling house to the extent of 1 Bigha.
- Land within Industrial Zone.
- Land used for such other purposes as may be notified by the Government from time to time.
Following are the required information to apply for the sub-division of land
- Owner details.
- Contact details.
- Address details.
- Land details.
- Contact and address of neighboring properties.
Need for the Document
- Demarcation of land means dividing it into several parts
- When the land is subdivided into more than one lot, each lot is then sold to one or more buyers. This is more profitable than keeping the property as one residential unit.
- Smaller residential lots may be easier to sell than larger pieces of land. This increases the overall value of the land.
- Demarcation refers to dividing of a lot, tract, or parcel of land into two or more lots, plats, sites, or other divisions of land once set aside for a particular purpose is being used in a different way (i.e. industrial land to residential) for the purpose, whether immediate or in the future, of sale or of building development.
Information which might help
- In view of benefiting from the property meant for agriculture – one need to follow this procedure and this process is most essential for the other activities.
- Government and bodies concerned will look for this process to grant permission for other requirements
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.