Vellore - Apply Fishing License (Fisherman)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply Fishing License (Fisherman) in Vellore.
- Applicants must get their fishing gear such as fishing rods, nets, reels, fishing lines, hooks, vessels, etc registered with the Directorate of Fisheries of the state before applying for a fishing license or permit.
- Registration of fishing gear is a one-time activity.
- Applicants cannot apply for a fishing license or permit without registering their fishing gear first.
- Applicant registering for a fishing license or permit must apply for the fishing license with the Directorate, Department of Fisheries of the state.
- Visit the following link for contact details: Link
- The applicant must fill up the application form as directed and submit it to the concerned authorities. Here is the link to the license for fishing in the sea: Application Form
- The applicant must provide all the required documents to the authorities for validation and also pay the requisite application fees.
- After validating the documents, the authorities will grant the license or permit for fishing.
- Fishing license/permit is not issued for 61 days during the monsoon in India i.e June to September due to breeding and spawning of fish.
- Fishing license application form
- Bonafide fisherman certificate
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN card.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN card.
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Caste (Samaj) certificate
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required
- Complete details about the fishing activity
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Fisheries, Government of Tamil Nadu
3rd Floor, Integrated Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Building,
Chennai - 600 035
Ph No: 044 - 29510390 / 29510406 / 29510407 / 2951039
- Fishermen should have a valid registration certificate or Fisherman’s fishing vessel should be registered.
- Fishermen who are actively involved in fishing for livelihood.
- The applicant must be a resident of the state.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Application fee details shall be provided by the concerned licensing officer.
- A license or permit granted for fishing shall be valid for the period specified therein unless it is suspended or canceled earlier.
Documents to Use
- Form IV, License for fishing in the sea: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- A license or permit for fishing will be granted within 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Before applying for a license or permit for fishing here are few things to keep in mind,
- No person should carry fishing activity in any trout waters, reserved waters, and protected waters bodies without obtaining a license or permit as it is punishable in terms of the law.
- Do not use any explosives which may cause threats to the life of fishes in the water.
- Do not catch fishes which are prohibited for fishing for being rare or are on the verge of being extinct.
- For more information, visit the following link: Link
- Full name
- Permanent address
- Father’s Name
- Area of operation
- Type of net used for fishing
- Type of fishing vessel to be used
- Port where the fishing vessel is permitted to be berthed or anchored
Need for the Document
- The government of India provides various aids to the fishermen and their families which can be avail only by having the license.
- The government of India provides various upliftment programs such as education quota, employment opportunities, and various welfare schemes to fishermen and their families on the basis of the license.
- The government of India also provides subsidies to fishermen having the license.
Information which might help
- Under the Fisheries Act 1897 of India, any person, whether a citizen of India or a foreigner visiting India, desiring to fish in an area that is permitted for fishing by the government for the purpose of doing business or tourism must obtain a license or permit from the Department of Fisheries of the state they are visiting.
- Fishing license or permit was made mandatory to prevent threats to the fishes from human activities and also to protect and save the fishes that are rare or are in danger of being extinct in a proper environment.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Fishing Harbours in Tamil Nadu: Link
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Government of India: Link
More information which might help to make this process in Vellore can be obtained below.
More information which might help people.