Uganda - Renew Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain application from G from the passport control office or download if from this link: Application formand fill it correctly]
- Get a Recommendation letter from a Professional known to the applicant, e.g, a teacher, Doctor Lawyer, Civil Servant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala. Recommender must attach a photocopy of his/her National ID and sign on it
- Attach photocopies of the old passport, Pages 45 and 47.
- In the event you are making any changes, change of profession, names due to marital status, you will be required to attach the relevant legal proof of changes.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for ordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. Obtain the bank slip.
- If you have a profession or making changes in your profession, ensure to attach a photocopy of your academic transcript or certificate.
- Fill all the prepared documents in a manila file folder and visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location.
- At the office present your documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
Application from Abroad are made at an of the Ugandan Embassies, call the same in advance to book an appoint as because deferent missions have got deferent protocol and If you would like the High Commission to send back your new passport by post, you must include a special delivery stamped addressed envelope.
- Filled application Form G
- Recommendation letter
- Copies of Old passport
- Bank Slip ,Academic certificate
- Legal prove in case of change in particular
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Regional offices: Regional offices List
All embassies and Consulates: Uganda embassy
- All Ugandan citizen that have passport are eligible to renew their passports.
- Ordinary passport cost 250,000 shs
- Express service at 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- Diplomatic passport cost 500,000 shs
- Certification of passports 30,000 shs
- Courier service for applicants abroad 10,000 shs
- Passports are valid for 10 years, in which they are subjected for renewal at the end of their validity period.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 10 working days normal application
- 2 working days for express service
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Obtain all the required documents and visit the passport office in your locality to make to submit your application in case you are applying from abroad make sure to book an appoint with the Ugandan embassy in you region before you visit them, you can enquire at the time of booking your appointment their protocol and how you should submit your application. Please avoid the use of middle men when you are making your application.
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- It is mandatory to renew your passport when or before it expires to maintain it active, expired passport are not accepted when you want to make international travels
Information which might help
- You can renew your passport 6 months before its official
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports can be used as prove of Identity
- Uganda High Commission In London
- Embassy of the Republic of Uganda Washington DC USA
- Justice Law and Oder Sector
- Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
More information which might help people.