Uganda - Renew Motorcycle Drivers license
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Procedure to renew or replace a driver's permit
The same steps required to obtain a full motorcycle Drivers license are necessary to renew a permit in Uganda.
- Apply for a full motorcycle drivers license at the URA Licensing office where the Certificate of Competence was sent (that was communicated to you by the Inspector of Vehicles). The application procedure for full motorcycle drivers license is as below:
- Go to the any URA Licensing office get the application form for renewal and fill it;
- Obtain Bank Payment Slips for renewal of motorcycle drivers license from the URA Licensing Officer
- Make Payment to any appropriate bank
- Attach payment slip and all the necessary documents for example documents to prove identity like Photographic ID and Proof of your residency entitlement and a copy of expired license on to the above filled form(s) and submit your application to the Tax Payer Service Desk at the Uganda Revenue Authority Licensing office. (Make sure that a copy of the bank payment slip is stamped to acknowledge receipt of application;
- The licensing officer then advises on when to go for the permit; and
- When the date given by the licensing officer comes, go to Face Technologies for to pay for and obtain the computerized permit.
- Appear in person to sign and collect the permit after a period of about three (3) weeks.
Thought being discussed about, applying for driving licenses online has not started in Uganda, details of how it will be done can be viewed at http://ugandaradionetwork.com/a/story.php?s=61760
- Identification cards
- Original / expired license
- Photocopy of original / expired license
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Headquarters,
5th Street Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Uganda, Kampala
Phone: 0414 334228, 0417442054, 0417442055, 0417443150
Toll free: 0800117000
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
Kyambogo Industrial Area, Uganda, Kampala
Phone: 256777 064227
To be eligible to apply for renewal of a motorcycle license in Uganda one must have an expired drivers license either after one (1) year or three (3) years.
Full Driving Permit One year
- URA Transaction Fees 40,000/=
- URA Form Fees 6,000/=
Full Driving Permit Three years.
- URA Transaction Fees 50,000/=
- URA Form Fees 6,000/=
A renewed motorcycle drivers license is either valid for one (1) or three (3) years in Uganda, depending on the fees paid.
Documents to Use
Application form for Renewal http://www.patiala.nic.in/html/Public%2520Utility/form_9_renew_lic.pdf
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
After all necessary documents are submitted and all payments are made, one has to wait for about three (3) weeks for his / license to be ready..
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Go in person to renew your permit;
- Get the necessary Forms for any URA Licensing Office, Read carefully and fill in the required information;
- Make all the necessary payments;
- Attach all the necessary documents required;
- An expired permit may be renewed for one to three years at any Uganda Revenue Authority licensing office; and
- Appear in person to the National issuing office for the license.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Proof of Identity
Need for the Document
A drivers license legal document one requires in order to drive a vehicle on the road. A motor cycle drivers license is that legal document that permits a person to ride a motorcycle on the road. Thus it is illegal to ride a motorcycle without this legal document. In Uganda for one to legally ride a motorcycle on road, you must hold a drivers license with Class A.
Renewing a motorcycle drivers license refers to replacing an expired license.
Information which might help
It is important to note that
- The procedure for renewal is the same as applying for a new license;
- In order for one renew this legal document successfully in Uganda, he / she has to visit two important places namely:- the URA
Licensing Office and the Face Technologies which is a South African company contracted by the Ministry of Works and Transport to design, print and supply computerized driving permits;
- An application for a new permit must be made if a permit is not renewed within five (5) years of being issued or renewed;
- The same procedure for renewal also applies when obtaining a duplicate of a lost or defaced card. However, a police report and a copy of a notice placed in a newspaper at least two weeks prior to the request, as well as an application form to obtain a replacement permit, must also be presented;
- No new photos are taken when one is renewing a permit even after 3 yrs.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- A driving License can be used as proof of identity;
- The state uses its lengthy registration process to collect in-depth information on every person
More information which might help people.