Uganda - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Upon expiry of a driver's permit an application for renewal, for a period of one or three years, may be made to any URA licensing office. Application for renewal should be made within 5 years from the date of issue or renewal; or else the validity of the permit lapses and a new permit must be applied for.
- Get to any URA licensing office, with the original expired driving permit, and fill the renewal application Form XII and medical form UCDP1. Address and Contact information can be obtained from the section Office Locations & Contacts of this page.
- Obtain Bank payment Advice forms (assessment) for renewal of driving permit for the preferred period.
- Make payment to the designated bank and return application forms and permit to Tax payer service desk of the assessing licensing office for processing and acknowledgement of receipt.
- Proceed to the area Face technologies centre pay for and obtain a renewed replacement of the permit.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kyambogo Industrial Area, Uganda, Kampala
Customer care (+256)777 064227
Uganda Revenue Authority
P.O. Box 7279 Kampala, Uganda.
Telephone: 0417 442054, 442055, 443150
Fax: 0414 334419
Nakawa Industrial Area
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
U.R.A Transaxtion fees : 40,000 (One year)
U.R.A Transaxtion fees : 50,000 (Three years)
U.R.A Form Fees : 6000
Face Charges : 20,000
Total : 66,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how to renew your Uganda driver license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.
The fee at URA is now UGX 130,000. This is paid at the bank