Uganda - Renew Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A holder of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence shall apply for renewal of licence at least two months before the expiry period in a form and manner prescribed by the Authority.
- The holder shall perform work comparable with that required for the grant of the licence for periods totaling at least six months during the twenty four months preceding the date of the expiry of the Licence.
- A person who fails to renew his or her licence after the expiry period may do so within the next twelve months provided that he or she proves that he has been continuously engaged in practical work for the entire extended period.
- A person who does not apply for a renewal within the extended period as provided for in sub-regulation (3) or fails to prove that he or she has continuously been engaged in practical work during that period will be required to sit for an exam before his licence is renewed.
- A holder of an aircraft maintenance engineer’s licence shall not exercise the privileges of the licence unless the licence is kept valid as prescribed by the Authority.
- A Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) who applies for an additional rating shall meet the requirements of the regulations.
- The applicant must be at least eighteen years of age.
- The applicant must comply with the knowledge, experience and competency requirements prescribed for the rating sought.
- The applicant must demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- The applicant must pass all of the prescribed examinations for the rating sought, within twelve months preceding the date of filing the application form for renewal.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Aviation Authority
Airport Road Entebbe International Airport
P.O. Box 5536 Entebbe, Uganda
+256 312/414 352000
Email Address: email@example.com
An aircraft maintenance Engineer Licence may be renewed if the holder demonstrates, at a level appropriate to the privileges being renewed, the skill, judgement and performance required to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious control service within the six months preceding the date of application for renewal.
License for aircraft maintenance engineer fees for the grant of a license or renewal or the inclusion of the rating shall be:-
- Licence or a renewal with examination 30,000/=
- Inclusion of the rating 10,000/=
- Additional examination 10,000/=
- Renewal of a license without examination 10,000/=
Validity: 2 Years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum processing time of 1 day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full names
- Postal and physical address
- Date and place of birth
- Name of Approved Training Organization where you got instructed
- Particulars of Licence already held (Place and Date of Issue , Type of Licence, Number and Expiry Date )
- Whether yet examined for and obtained a medical certificate in accordance with the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Whether you are able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in accordance with the English language proficiency requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Whether you have met all the requirements for the issuance of this licence
- Signature of Applicant
- Date of Application
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
A person who holds a current and valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (AMEL) issued by another contracting State may apply for and may be issued a certificate of validation with the appropriate rating if the applicant—
- holds a licence which is not under an order of revocation or suspension by the country that issued the licence;
- holds a licence that does not contain an endorsement stating that the applicant has not met all of the standards of ICAO for that licence;
- does not currently hold a licence issued by the Authority; and
- demonstrates the ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in accordance with the language proficiency requirements contained in the Third Schedule.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.