Uganda - Register an Adoption
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for an adoption order may be made to a chief magistrate's court within the jurisdiction of which the applicant of the child resides, where both the child and the applicant are citizens of Uganda or to the High Court where the child or the applicant is not a citizen of Uganda.
- Upon acquisition of the adoption order, the applicant obtains an adoption order from a court having jurisdiction to grant the same.
- Submit the adoption order or a certified copy and a photocopy of the adopted childs birth certificate to the Registrar of Births and Deaths for issuance of an adoption certificate.
Birth Certificate of the adopted child (Original and Photocopy)
Office Locations & Contacts
For ANY inquiries, Please Call any of the numbers below and you can also write to:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
- P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
Director Business Registration: +256 414 258 819
Director Civil Registration: +256 414 341 663
Director Intellectual Property: +256 414 258 818
Email address: email@example.com
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Fees payable: free
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Adoption is regulated by part viii of the children act cap 59 Laws of Uganda. the registrar of births and deaths is mandated to maintain an adopted children's register in which shall be registered particulars of adoptions.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.