Uganda - Register a Youth Group
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Procedure for Registering a Youth Group: 1)You should be at least 10 people with more than 70% being on the 18-35 age bracket. (more than 70% must be Youth) 2)Write minutes appointing group officials (Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary) and the intention of the group to be registered and the registration name. 3)Visit the nearest Resident District Commissioners Office, you will find the youth Office there. 4)You should have a group constitution and a dully signed membership list. 5)Registration fee = 20,000/=. with membership cards going for about 2000/= each. 6)Certificate will be ready in 2 weeks.
- Be quick in getting yourselves organized.
- Youth fund is readily available thereafter.
- Lets be enterprising and make positive change.
- more details available at a Resident District Commissioners Office closest to you.
- National Identity Cards Group Constitution.
- Group constitution draft.
- Names of the intending members with their signatures.
- Receipt of payment for registration form,
- Letter of referees from the local Authorities.
- Proposed Name of the Youth Group.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Department of Youth and Child Affairs
Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
Simbamanyo House, Plot 2
Ministry of Gender Labour and Social Development
Street Address:Plot 2 Lumumba Avenue
More details: Simbamanyo House
Postal Address [P.O. Box]: 7136
Telephone, Fax, Instant Messenger
Phone 1: +256-41-347854
Phone 2: +256-41-347855
A group of 10 members with 70% of them aged between 18 and 35 (youths) are regarded as youth in Uganda.
it requires Shs. 100,000 Uganda shillings
It is Valid for 3 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It is process within 30 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The Youth Group must be situated within the boundaries of County catchment area.
- The Youth Group must have youth work agenda to support the community as its primary focus.
- The Youth Group must be a voluntary one and all participation must be of a voluntary nature.
- The Youth Group must have at least 10 members.
- The majority of which must be between the ages of 18-35.
- The Youth Group must provide a range of programmes of are creational and educational nature on a regular basis.
- The Youth Group should have at least two voluntary adult youth leaders working with a maximum of ten members and a minimum ratio of at least 1 to 10 with additional numbers of young people.
- The Youth Group should have a voluntary management committee.
- The Youth Group must have a bank account in their own name.
- Records such as income and expenditure, accounts, petty cash,minutes, correspondence and a register of members must be kept.
- The records must be available to County on request
- The Youth Group must have Child Protection Procedures.
- The Youth Group should have a safety statement(where the group owns the offices).
- At all times the Youth Work Group must carry out its activities in a safe and responsible manner.
- The Youth Work Group must agree to the district regulations.
- Name of the Group
- Names of Members
- Proof of Identity for each member
- Mission and objectives of the Group
Need for the Document
Since independence,Uganda has lacked an explicit, coherent, and comprehensive National Youth Policy(NYP) to guide and ensure sustainable youth development. Youth planning has been organization-based and reactive to prevailing circumstances. Government established a section of Youth within the Ministry of gendar labour and social development.
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs was established on 2nd June 2011. The Act gives all Youth of Uganda a chance to be nurtured, protected, educated, equipped with skills and economically,politically and socially empowered in order for them to gain ful employment and actively participating in the development of the country. The Government decided to create this dedicated Department and, in doing so, to consolidate a range of functions previously discharged by various Government Ministers. The Minister for Children and Youth Affairs sits at the Cabinet table.
Information which might help
- The benefits of registration are that it will give youth work organizations access to training, networking, support and information on sharing.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.