Uganda - Register a New Company
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Make an application for reservation of a Name
- upon payment of the required fee ,the suggested name, is subjected to a search in the business registry database.
- Once the name passes the similarity, defensive, offensive ,desirability test then it is reserved.
- Reservation is valid for 30 days
- File the required documents for registering a company.
Registration of a Public Company
- The procedure is as above however;
- In addition file a Prospectus or Statement in Lieu of Prospectus which must be cleared by the Capital Market Authority
- The Articles of Association will need to specify that the company shall invite the public to subscribe for shares.
Registration of Foreign Companies
These are companies incorporated outside Uganda and are registered in Uganda
The requirements/ procedure are;
- File Memorandum and Articles of Association or any other document certified by the Registrar of Companies the Country of origin
- File a certified copy of the certificate of incorporation
- File company Forms A19,A20,A 21 and A22
- Make the payment of registration fees and hand in the documentation for processing at the Business Registry.
Memorandum and Articles of association
- The Memorandum of association must state the following:
- Name of the company
- Object clause
- Share capital
- Class, value and number of shares
- Subscribers, their occupation, postal address and the number of shares subscribed, in case of the company limited by shares
- Provision for the signature
- Must be dated and witnessed
- Where the subscriber to the Memorandum is a corporate entity, the seal of the company be appended
The standard format for the Memorandum of association is provided in the schedule to the Campany Act Cap. 110;
- Format for a company Limited by shares is provided for in Table A
- Format for a company Limited by Guarantee and not having share capital is in Table C
- Format for a company Limited by Guarantee and having share capital in is Table D
- Format for an Unlimited company having a share capital is in Table E
The Articles of Association provide the following information
- Sets down the rules that govern the internal management of the company
- It must be signed by the subscribers
- It must state the subscribers names, occupation and address
- It must be dated and witnessed
Company Form A1- Statement of Nominal capital
- This form is mandatory at the initial registration of the company
- Must state the share capital, number and class of shares, value of the shares
- Must be dated and endorsed by the person filing it
- Must be witnessed
Company Form A2-Declaration of compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act Cap 110
- This form is mandatory and it is a requirement that it signed by the declarant, dated and must be witnessed by a Commissioner for oaths
- Payment of the necessary fees
- Assessment/payment registration of the necessary or required fee is available at the Business Registry or the client may use the self assessment *opinion on the URA portal
- Make payments in the bank
- Present the documents for registration with the receipt
- Registration process begins
Office Locations & Contacts
For ANY inquiries, Please Call any of the numbers below and you can also write to:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
- P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
Director Business Registration: +256 414 258 819
Director Civil Registration: +256 414 341 663
Director Intellectual Property: +256 414 258 818
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- Statement of Nominal Capital - http://www.ursb.go.ug/images/resized/images/Forms/Form%20No%20A1.pdf
- Declaration of Compliance with the Requirements of the Companies Act on Application for Registration of a Company - http://www.ursb.go.ug/images/resized/images/Forms/Form%20No%20A.2.pdf
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to register a new company in Uganda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.