Uganda - Register a Motorcycle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the Uganda revenue authority (URA) web portal Apply onlineand Login to your account using TIN and password.
- On the left hand side after logging in, click on MVR Agent Registration
- A registration form will appear, enter your Tax identification Number TIN, the other information will Auto populate.
- After fill the form accurately click submit. Select the attachments and go to the payment Registration page and click on Register Payment. Details of Registration fees will Auto populate, select bank and payment mode then submit the application.
- Upon submission, you will get an e-acknowledgment receipt. Scroll down the page to print the receipt, print the form and payment slip.
- Make payments in the selected bank and submit application to Licensing office for approval with attachments.
- Upon approval by the revenue authority officer, a receipt with Motor Vehicle Registration Number will be issued
Note: If you don’t have an URA account you can register for one, through the URA web portal upon which you will receive your personal Tin number and password
- Application shall be accompanied by or combined with an application for a license and insurance of the motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant.
- Name and address of any person (other than the owner) in whom the property or any absolute or conditional right or license to take possession of the motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant is vested or whether it is the subject of a hire-purchase agreement or a bill of sale or similar agreement.
- The prescribed fee
- Log book of the motorcycle
- Any Proof of ownership like transfer forms or purchase documents.
- Tin number and password
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 21
Call Center: +256 417 338 100
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT
Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd,
P.O. Box 7174,
General Phone: +256 414-320135/0414-321364
Minister of State (Works): 0414-349487
Minister of State (Transport): 0414-320026
Permanent Secretary: 0414-259322
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279,
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
- All Uganda Owners of a motorcycle
URA fees For registration
- Registration of a motorcycle Valid Forever until the owner decides to sale the motor cycle
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Within 2 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the owner
- Information about the vehicle (type, mode, horse power)
- Residential address of the applicant
- Nationality of the applicant
- Tin number and password
Need for the Document
- Registering a motor cycle is a legal requirement for all owners as stipulated by the Uganda law, through doing so it proves that one is the legal owner of the motorcycle.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Motorcycle log book can be used as a granter when applying for a loan through any loan issuing institute
- Registration ensures security of the motorcycle because no one can transfer it to his name without your consent;
- It helps simplifying the processes of identification for taxation by the tax authorities;
- Details of the motorcycle are recorded in the database of the registering authority which information may be used in future for example in cases of lost logbooks;