Uganda - Register a Drone
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Upon arrival at the airport, the applicant should declared the drone to customs and security officers for registration and clearance.
- Attach invoice, origin and any other accompanying document.
- Customs deposit notices are issued to the Applicant.
- The Applicant/ Bearers/owners are then briefed on the clearance procedures including; Security authorization from Security Tripartite Committee on Drones Acquisition and Usage.
- The applicant is requested to visit and pay URA tax clearance from customs
- The applicant is issued with Operator’s License from Civil Aviation Authority (at usage/operation level)
- The Applicant‘s Authorization documents are then submitted to CAA through Liaison Officer UPDF Air Force.
- Customs is then given a go-ahead to clear and release the drone to the Owner as follows.
- Temporary drone imports are registered and released to owners.
- Drones imported by non-tax exempted importers are registered and released after tax clearance.
- If authorization is denied, customs retains the drones to be re-exported back to country of origin.
- The Applicant presents original deposit slip/boarding pass upon which a drone is released and the person escorted by customs/security to departure point.
- Pilot’s RPA training certificate.
- License to operate a drone.
- Class III medical certificate
- Clearance procedure report from URA (Uganda revenue Authority)
- Fully completed CAA authorization application form
- CDF (chief of defense forces) Security clearance letter of no objection
- Flying zones detailed report
- Import clearance certificate
- URA importation clearance for the drone
- Drone operations manual and specifications.
- Proposed Geographical location and map of the area of operations.
- A copy of third party insurance.
- Proof of Payment receipt
- Operation permit.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Defence
P.O. Box 3798,Kampala,Uganda
Tel: 0414-565118/9 Fax: 0414-222812
UGANDA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
P.O.Box 5536 Kla
+256 312 352 000
Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities
2nd Floor, Rwenzori Towers at 6 Nakasero Road
+254 -041 4561700
- Resident [Ugandan]
- Resident [Foreigner]
- 200,000+VAT 18%.
- Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Processing time 3 months for your application to be processed
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Organization Details (company operating the drone):
- Organization Name
- Type of Organization (private or government)
- Organization address
- Organization contact
- Name & contact number of accountable person
- Trade License No.
- Insurance details covering drone operations
- Date of birth
- Passport No.
- Nation registration ID No.
- Visa No. (if applicable)
- Flying purpose in the Uganda (private/commercial)
- Type of Operations (survey/media/entertainment/etc.)
- Area of operations (provide Google map coordinates)
- Max Height of operations:
- Is the operation during day time or night time?
- Drone Engine Type (fuel or electrical)
- Drone Manufacturer name
- Drone Serial number
- Drone weight with payload
- Drone weight without payload
- Drone usage capability (survey, media, |Entertainment, etc.)
- Means of drone control (autonomous or radio controlled)
- Is the drone equipped with a camera?
- If yes, please provide camera details
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- The organization shall ensure all drones are registered with the UCAA before intending to operate in the Uganda.
- The organization shall ensure no operations are conducted in the Uganda without the CAA airspace user approval
- The organization shall ensure no operations are conducted in the Uganda without the CDF security approval and security committee.
- The organization shall ensure all operations are conducted in accordance with the conditions/limitations stated by the CAA (civil Aviation Authority)
- The organization shall ensure no operations are conducted in the Uganda without valid insurance coverage
- The organization shall ensure all drone operators are qualified for the intended operations and are registered with the CAA.
- The organization shall ensure that a risk assessment (e.g. weather, night/day, area of operations, safety to person on ground) is conducted prior to each flight.
- The organization shall ensure that any occurrence is reported to the CAA
- The organization shall ensure that no flight jeopardizes safety, security and privacy to other airspace users, properties or persons
- The organization shall ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with the Civil Aviation, the CAA publications and the Ministry of Defence and all other government entities concern.
- Drone which are not registered by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority or with other relevant Authorities are being intercepted at various point of entry.
- Drone importation and usage could have negative security implications
- If proper not monitored, registered and controlled therefore measures should be put in place.
- Drones are mainly imported into Uganda by tourists, event/ entertainment companies and families (toy drones).
- There is Absence of legislation on importation and usage of drones in Uganda.
- Handling of transit drones through both land and air routes due to absence of monitoring mechanisms to oversee their exit and structural Airport for transit passengers (Absence of transit lounge at EIA for Air transit passengers).
- In the new guidelines, the Army warned that the undeclared RPA shall be confiscate destroyed and culprit will be held by laws of Uganda.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Website: www.defence.go.ug
More information which might help people.