Uganda - Register a Business Name
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill the form of Statement of Particulars required to be given pursuant to the Business Name Registration in case of a firm.
- Hand in the form for a name to check as to the availability of the name.
- The form should indicate the name of the person signing the form against the signature in case of corporate entities being the partners.
- The signature of the endorsee, title and the seal of the corporate entity must be indicated in case of corporate entities being the partners.
- Pay the registration fee and hand in the form at the Business Registry for registration
How to Register a Partnership
- Register a Business Name
- Register a Partnership Deed under the Documents Act Cap 81
Conversion of a Business Name into a company
- File a Notice of Cessation of the Business Name
- Return the original certificate of registration for cancellation
- Go through the procedure for new company registration.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
For ANY inquiries, Please Call any of the numbers below and you can also write to:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
- P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
Director Business Registration: +256 414 258 819
Director Civil Registration: +256 414 341 663
Director Intellectual Property: +256 414 258 818
Email address: email@example.com
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Business Name Registration Form - http://www.ursb.go.ug/images/resized/images/Forms/business%20name%20registration%20form.pdf
Notice of Cessation of Business - http://www.ursb.go.ug/images/resized/images/Forms/ceasation%20of%20business0001.pdf
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to register a business name in Uganda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.