Uganda - Register a Business Name
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
HOW TO APPLY
- Search for Business Name
- Identify at least 3 name options.
- Fill in a Name Reservation form, which can be obtained from the physical One Stop Centre (OSC) at Uganda Investment Authority (UIA); the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) offices or portal; or at the Uganda Bookshop.
- Submit a filled form with proof of payment Cost: UGX 2200 paid to URSB bank account which can be obtain at ant bank
- The officer carrying out the registration will then carry out the name search and reservation then reserve your business name within 1 day
- Reserve the Business Name
- To reserve a company name, the entrepreneur submits the Business Name Reservation Form to the assessment window of the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB).and pay the name reservation fees Cost: UGX 20,000 paid at the (URSB) bank account which can be obtain at ant bank
- Upon payment of the required fee, the suggested name is subjected to a search in the business registry database. If the name passes the similarity, defensive, offensive, and desirability tests, it is reserved for a period of 30 days. There are name-reservation books where the entrepreneur can search and check whether the desired name was approved or rejected and for what reasons. This process takes a period within 2-4 days
- Issue of business certificate
- Your business will be registered on which you will receive a certificate of business name registration and its number
- Company name
- Accurately filled Assessment forms
- Valid Identification document(National ID card, passport
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
Fax: fax Line: +256 414 250 712
E-mail : email@example.com
Posta Uganda Main office,
Kampala Road Booth 2 & 3.
UIA Offices, Twed Plaza
(1st Floor) Lumumba Avenue.
Nakivubo – Sekaziga House Floor 1, Nakivubo mews.
Mbale – Plot 3, Park Crescent.
Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs
Mbarara– Plot 1, Kamukuzi Hill
Gulu – Plot 6B Princess Road
Arua – Plot 42/44 Packwach road
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
P.O BOX 7279
Website:[ http://www.ura.go.ug Uganda revenue authority]
The investment Uganda centre
Plot 22B Twed Plaza
Lumumba Avenue ,Nakesero
P.OBOX 7418 Kampala
General line: 0414301000
One stop centre: 0417788300
- Citizens and foreigner investors who wish invest in Uganda by opening a company
- Company/business name search registration fees - ug.x2, 200
- Reservation of the name fees - ugx.20, 000
- Valid is Forever until the owners decide to De-register or dissolve the company
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 2 -3 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Types of business names that get rejected:
- immoral names
- vulgar names
- names similar to existing ones by spelling or pronunciation,
- names associated with government or countries,
- Name of the company/business
- Type of business (public or private company)
- Operating location address of the business
- Email address/number of the applicant
Need for the Document
- Registering your business/company is a legal requirement as stipulated by the Uganda company act, in which guidelines the manner and activities to operate the company
Information which might help
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING A COMPANY
- Obtain legal Identity/status
- Safeguard your business name by acquiring a trade name.
- Access opportunities like loans, tenders, financing etc.
- Business formalization creates more employment opportunities through business expansion.
- Enables registration for licenses e.g Investment, trading and taxation licenses.
- Better marketing and advertising opportunities for increased clientele
- Improved competitiveness in the regional market
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.