Uganda - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Declarant registers the birth with the Hospital Administrator, Sub county Chief or Town clerk depending on the place where the birth occurred in Uganda.
- Declarant will be issued with a short birth certificate as proof of registration.
- Submit the short birth certificate to our office with the Name of the child.
- Pick assessment forms from our office and deposit the money in any bank of your choice.
- Clients can also make self assessment from the URA portal on www.ura.go.ug.
- Return the pay slip after payment and wait for issuance of your long birth certificate.
Uganda Registration Services Bureau a government agency charged with recording births has engaged traditional birth attendants,at sub-county, parish and council officials as notifiers who uses mobile phones to send details of a newborn Baby as a text message to the central server at URSB offices in Kampala After verification, birth certificates will be printed at the sub-county and town council offices and signed by the registrars and sent to the registered persons at community level through parish chiefs and notifiers.
- A live-birth statement which states the names of the parents and the Hospital where birth occurred.
- Proof of Payment from a designated bank
- A short birth certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
Fax: fax Line: +256 414 250 712
It is a mandatory obligation for everyone in Uganda to be registered at birth, and the office of the Registrar General is responsible for ensuring that registration is carried out in all districts in the country.
National applications Uganda shillings 5000 and bank charges of 2500 shillings
- Foreign applications US dollars 40
- Refugees: service is free of charge
It is valid as long as on remains alive.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes Uganda Registration Services Bureau between seven and ten working days to process the birth certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The quest for a birth certificate begins at the place of birth with government and missionary hospitals issuing short birth certificates for any child born there.
- Those born in private hospitals and clinics have to go to the sub-county or division headquarters to get the short birth certificate.
- Those born in town council hospitals should get their short birth certificates from the town clerks office.
- Only the bureau based at George House has the mandate to give the long birth certificate, so anyone requiring one will have to go to their offices armed with the short birth certificate.
Birth Certificate Valid Forever until death
Need for the Document
Birth registration is compulsory and registration of all live births should take place within three months from the event.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
E-mail : email@example.com
More information which might help people.