Uganda - Pay Telephone Bill
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Unlike the system of paying for water and electricity where Bills are delivered at home,Telephone bill payment is done through visiting *visiting the bill center or Banks :
- When you pay through the Bank,then the bank system will directly debits the bill amount from the customers account to the telephone company instantly .
- So if you dont get your monthly international / quarterly domestic bill, head towards the nearest bill pay out let center and ask for the amount that you need to pay for your telephone bills.
- They will not give you a duplicate copy of the bill but will tell you the amount and give you a receipt after payment.
- Telephone bill payment online Using your Mobile Device.
- The online facility of paying telephone Bills saves the time and helps in making the payment without queues.
- Step 1: First the customers need to register with any of the telephone companies in Uganda offices or official website
- Step 2: Then login using your user id and password.
- Step 3: Select the bill and the mode of payment.
- Step 4. Notification Message will be delivered that the bill is paid instantly.
- Your landline can enables you to make any calls and get online at home.
- you can visit your exchange to subscribe to the new line to complete the contract procedures for only shs.2000.
- Make local calls.
- You can Get online through using dial-up subscription.
- For more information you can Enjoy national calling service without any subscriptions and call any governorate bodies in Uganda (Free of *charge using Toll Free Number.)
- You can also get to call customer care mobile service at no cost on any mobile in Uganda.
Bill from the previous month. (not mandatory as long as you know the telephone number)
Office Locations & Contacts
Home Contact the Minister
Hon. Nyombi Thembo
Minister of State for Information and Communications Technology
Social Security House, Fourth Floor Jinja Road.
Plot 4, Jinja Road
Telephone: 256 (414) 258201
Fax: 256 (414) 258507
Mobile Phone Number: 256-772-538820
Uganda Communication Commission.
Plot 42 - 44, Spring road, Bugolobi
P.O. Box 7376
Tel: + 256 414 339000/ 312 339000
Fax: + 256 414 348832
Consumer Affairs/ Toll free line: 0800133911
North Eastern Regional Office:
Plot 15 Onono Road, Gulu
North Western Regional Office:
Plot 8 Ntuha Road, Masindi
South western Regional Office:
Plot 2 Circular Road, Mbarara
South Eastern Regional Office:
Plot 39/41 Republic Street, Mbale
- Anyone receiving telephone bills should be aged 18 years of age
- You should own a business, building, land or own an agreement in case you don't own land or building.
- For Contracting and Installation fees charge are for free
- Administration Fees for request are charged at 50,000
- Internet and Voice service are for free.
- Requests and bill inquiries are free of charge.
The bill is Valid for one Month.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Please note that it takes 48 hours for Egypt Telecom company to update your account using a mobile payment system
- The transaction takes 24 hours to be updated using a mobile money system.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can pay Telephone bills in person and online using a mobile phone.
- You should have valid Telephone bill particulars.
- You will require the Telephone bill details
- The name of the consumer
- The account Number of the consumer
- The contact address and physical location
- Working telephone line or Mobile number
- The invoice to pay the bill.
Need for the Document
In a fast-paced country, paying bills can be a hassle especially if your time is limited. But with the modern payment methods introduced by the Telecom sector in Uganda , paying bills have become easier and faster. This procedure will tell you some of the most common payment methods used by telephone providers in Uganda.
The Ugandan Government contracted Several Companies Which include MTN- Uganda , Uganda Telecom (UTL,)AIRTEL- WARID -Uganda, K2- Uganda , Orange -Uganda to operate and offer both domestic / international (land line) telephony in Uganda. These companies are responsible for to delivering the bills through online massages to their clients on their mobile devices or deliver them home free of charge. However the bills dont land up very often.
The billing system is different for international and domestic bills.There are several Payment counters owned by these companies as bill payment centers. You can pay your bills in any of the following banks:
- Post Bank Uganda
- Barclays Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Crane bank
- Stanbick Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- DFCU Bank
- Orient Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank Of Africa.
The ATMs of the above banks also act as bill payment centers where users can submit their bill payment amount.The mobile hand set of different companies also act as bill payment centers where users can submit the bill payment amount after following the procedure of pay bill on the mobile device. International calls are billed on a basis of pay as you go while domestic calls are billed Monthly. The bills for both are printed in English indicating the amount to be paid.
Information which might help
It is clever to do your research in all the telephone companies to get the best that can satisfy your need and consider all of your possibilities if you get to a point exactly where you feel you require the solutions of Telephone billing clearing center.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.