Uganda - Pay Electricity Bill
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Carry the electricity bill invoice to the electricity board office of your area.(UMEME offices)
- Pay the amount in cash at the counter.
- You can also pay using cheque Draft.
- You will get an acknowledgement for your payment, keep it handy.
- You can pay using your own mobile money account
- Go to menu on your mobile phone
- Check for services
- Chose electricity
- Select the service you want to pay for and enter your electricity account number
- insert the amount you want to pay
- Send and wait for the confirmation
There are several other ways of paying your electricity:
a) Paying your Electricity Bill with MTN
1. Select Pay Bill from the MTN menu.
2. Enter the Power business number 8383.
3. Enter your full Power account number e.g. 123456-01.
4. Enter the amount you wish to pay.
5. Enter your MTN PIN.
6. Confirm that all details are correct.
7. You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
b) Paying your Electricity Bill with Airtel Money (Airtel)
1. Select Airtel Money from the menu.
2. Click on "Make Payments".
3. Select "Paybill".
4. Choose Power Bill for postpaid bill
5. Enter the amount you wish to pay.
6. Enter your Airtel Money PIN.
7. Under the reference option, type your full Power account number e.g. 123456-01.6Confirm that all details are correct.
8. You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
c) Cash Payment
- As a rule, all cash payments should be made at UMEME Power's authorized pay points which are located within official premises and the paying counters clearly marked CASHIER.
d) Postal Corporation of Uganda
- You can also pay your bill in any of the over 100 post offices countrywide.
- If you have an account with Stanbic Bank, Postbank or Standard Chartered Bank, you may also pay your bill through any of these banks *Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs).
g) Bank Payments
- You may also pay your electricity bill by cash through appointed commercial Bank branches in Uganda.
- Additionally, you can pay your electricity bill at any branch of the following banks countrywide.
- Bank Of Africa (at no extra cost)
- Postbank (at no extra cost)
- Barclays Bank of Uganda
- Stanbic Bank
- Standard Chartered
- DFCU Bank (at no extra cost)
- Cheque Payments
- Cheques may be deposited in designated boxes in pay centers and at specific business premises appointed by UMEME Power to serve as drop-off points
- Bill from the previous month. (not mandatory as long as you know the meter number)
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of energy and Mineral development
+256 414 311 111
+256 414 232 598
+256 414 234 733
Fax. +256 414 234 732
+256 414 230 220
- Anyone receiving electricity should be aged 18 years of age
- You should own a building, land or own an agreement in case you don't own land or building.
The amount stated in the electricity bill
It is valid for one month
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please note that it takes 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account using a mobile payment system. The transaction takes 24 hours to be updated using a mobile money system
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can pay electricity bill in person and online using a mobile phone.
- You should have valid electricity bill particulars.
- You will require the electricity bill details
- The name of the consumer
- The account Number of the consumer
- The contact address and physical location
- Working telephone line or Mobile number
- The invoice to pay the bill.
Need for the Document
It will be a welcome message if you can learn ways of paying you electricity bills and if there is an easy way to use electricity sparing and stop paying for it illegitimately. When buying appliances ensure you need what you are buying so that you don't end up paying for anything to the companies for what you have not used or fired them for not utilizing their service. Any cost effective unit saved for proper electricity utilization generating electrical energy is worth patronizing.
The owner of an apartment, land, building has to pay the electricity bill to the Uganda government electricity body. The governing authority of the jurisdiction has the authority to levies the electricity bill to the owner in which the property is located.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.