Uganda - Obtain or Reclaim lost TIN Number
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- How to obtain or reclaim for the new Tax Identification Number.
- Depending on the circumstances how you lost your TIN and what the purposes of the TIN Number was for example to transfer a vehicle, to process a company VAT, to pay import or export duties and others whether doing it as a company or individual, one would need to visit the official URA in Person or website and browse to option Download Online Forms to repeat the same process of filling the Form and starting the reason for re- Applying for a new Tax identification Number.
- For an individual, one would need to download the e-tax form DT-1001 while for a Tin Non-Individual Registration (example for a company), one would need to download form DT-1002 indicate that you are re-applying for replacement.
- The downloaded forms will then be saved on either a computer or any data carrier device like a flash disk so as to enable the process of being in position of editing them.
- Next step will be to enable macros on your computer office program and start filling in the details required and attache the letter starting clearly circumstances how you lost your TIN Number.You will then go back to the URA website and click on the register for taxes, individual or non individual depending on the forms you had downloaded and filled, scroll and select new form in the drop down menu and follow all prompts to upload form.
- After a period of about 48 hours, you should carry your hard copy printed (the manual forms download and filled with the same information you filled with the ones online) and take them over to the nearest URA branch including all the attachments required like the Passport or any identification Document like National identification Card or election card.
- Your new replacement of Tin number will be issued accordingly after verifying the documents you submitted as will be directed by the URA staff.Who will ask you some information such as your name and birthday. Then, you will have your TIN replaced, you can provide your name and date of birth if you for retrieving you previous TIN Number. It will take only minutes.
- Proof of any document like identity card, passport,
- Business certificate
- Business license
- Business Registration certificate number
- proof of value added Tax
- Local Excise completed form DT-1012 Excise.
Office Locations & Contacts
URA Headquaters: Plot M193/M194,
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala
Phone: +256 414744000,
0800117000 (toll free)
Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about
- A TIN is issued by the Uganda Revenue Authority to every taxpayer in accordance with section 135(1) of the ITA and section 50(1) of the VAT Act. A tin can be re- issued to any one who has lost his/her TIN Number by accident or any other way is legible to get a new TIN Number at Uganda revenue Authority.
- Everyone who is employed or involved in any type of income producing activity where income tax,VAT or other taxes are due must have a TIN.
- Any one involved in the registration/transfer of a motor vehicle Any one involved in transfer of land. Every form, notice, return or other document either from a taxpayer or from the Commissioner General shall bear a TIN.
- If you need the TIN for ONLY reporting income received from employment or the registration/ transfer of a motor vehicle or land transfer, you are not required to complete section D and S It is mandatory for tax payers to have a Tax Identification Number from Uganda Revenue Authority and a TIN is required if one is going to enact a government tax.
Obtained for free of charge.But when you hire a tax Agent you are charged between 20,000/= or 50,000/= for replacement but you must report the loss in Person.
It has no expiry date A new TIN is NOT needed but you should file form DT-1002 to amend or update the information provided in the form.
Documents to Use
Processing takes 48 hours to get a replacement of TIN.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
One has to appear in Person for replacement of Tax identification Number to the Uganda Revenue Authority visit the offices of Uganda Revenue Authority to obtain a replacement Tax Identification Number.
- Full names, parents names
- plot number
- street number
- building name
- trading center
- sub country
- phone number
- physical address
- ID type.
Need for the Document
If you lose or misplace your Tax identification Number or if you simply cannot remember if, you can retrieve it simply in just a few easy steps is to insert your name and birth day on the website of URA, or visit the offices of Uganda revenue Authority in Person.or call Uganda revenue Authority toll free number 0800117000 and give them your name and date of birth,
Whether you are an importer, exporter, businesses owner, an individual, company or anyone else provided you are involved in any activity that requires you to pay government taxes, applying for the New Uganda Revenue Authority Tin number is part of your way to go.
It should be noted that since the beginning of 1st of July 2012, URA ceased the use of the old PXX-XX-XX Tin series and introduced the new numbered Tins 1100011 as a way to ease the process of the newly introduced Electronic Tax (e-tax)in Uganda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.