Wikiprocedure > Uganda

Uganda - Obtain an Easement Certificate

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. The holder of a water permit who wishes to bring water to, or drain water from, his or her land over land owned or occupied by another person may apply for the creation of an easement over that land.
  2. To obtain an Easement Certificate in Uganda the applicant has to contact the Directorate of Water Resources Management, Ministry of Water and Environment or you can write to the Director on the following contact:
    The Director
    Directorate of Water Resources Management,
    P.O. Box 19 Entebbe, Uganda.
  3. An application is made to the Executive Director of Directorate of Water resources Management on prescribed Form G 1 (obtainable from the Ministry of Water and Environment).
  4. The form is available at the cost of Shs.10, 000 and there is no processing fee.
  5. If the Applicant has been unable to obtain an easement by agreement with the owner or occupier of that land. The director of Directorate of water resource management shall invite all parties having an interest in the land, including the applicant, who wish to be heard.
  6. After hearing all the parties the director may create an easement over that land in the prescribed form as may be appropriate.
  7. Once the applicant application is successful, the applicant proceed apply for the permit on prescribed Form G1 with the appropriate attachments.
  8. Attach all the relevant documents including proof of payment of Ugsh.100,000 before submission to the office of the Director of Directorate of water resource management.
  9. The Directorate if satisfied with all the documents shall take 14 days to issue out an easement, the certificate created under this segment terminates six months after the date of creation. Unless it is registered with the registrar of titles.
Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • A letter of license application addressed to the Director General of the directorate of Water resources Management specifying the type of license that is required.
  • Certificate of Company
  • A receipt of the application fees
  • Copy of certified Statute in case of a cooperative society.
  • The source of water to be diverted, or used:
  • Environmental Impact Assessment Certificate (if applicable
  • Health and Safety Policy
  • Copies of all relevant contracts, agreements, permits or Memorandum of understanding (if any) with stakeholders/ land owner.
  • Location of land where easement and drained water will occur: (if applicable)
  • Annual Report (if applicable).
  • Certified Audited Accounts (if applicable Service Level Agreement (if applicable)/
  • Name of Individual/Association/Company Public Authority"
  • Tax clearance Certificate issued by the URA
  • Clearance Certificate issued by the URSB

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Ministry of Water and Environment
Directorate of Water Resources Management,
Phone: +256 – 414 - 699486
Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 19 Entebbe
Jurisdiction: National
Email Address: or
Website:Ministry of water
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)

Ads by Google


Individual/Association/Company/Public Authority, corporate engaged in the business easement water wells.


Licence fees: Ugsh. 100,000/=


Valid for 6 months (six months), unless it is registered with the registrar of titles

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]


Processing Time[edit]

Maximum processing time 14 days.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. 	
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.

Ads by Google


  • The terms and conditions of the renewal of the permit are left to the Director of Water to prescribe.
  • This open-ended discretionary power cannot only be abused but it can also offers a lot of uncertainly to the licensing regime.

Required Information[edit]

  • Common name of the source of water
  • Specific point where the water will be diverted, drained or used.
  • Side of the water uptake (when applicable):
  • Right Bank, Left Bank District where the water uptake is located (when applicable):
  • Attach a topographic (indicating location of the intake works)
  • Use or proposed use of drained water
  • Details of any other structures such as siphons, flumes, Tunnels
  • Details of the pump to be connected to driving machine

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate? 

Information which might help[edit]

An easement created under this section terminates six months after the date of creation, unless it is registered with the registrar of titles.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.

Retrieved from ""