Uganda - Obtain a post paid Number
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The post-paid number is a number in which service is provided by a prior arrangement with a particular service provider and the subscriber is billed for the service render every end month. E.g. Mobile phone post-paid number, the user in this situation is billed after the fact according to their use of mobile services at the end of each month.
HOW TO APPLY
- In person
- Gather all the required documents with the recommended fees and visit any mobile service provider branch office near you
- Approach the service desk and request for an application from for post-paid registration and fill it with the correct information.
- Attach all the required documents to the filled form and submit them to the attending official, who will verify the documents.
- Pay a deposit fee and the amount you would like to be using on a monthly basis or as required by the service provider.
- Upon payment of all the required application fees you will be issued your post-paid number and if you have an active prepaid line it can be converted to post-paid line as per your request.
- Apply via online
- Mobile services providers companies have an internal system process that can allow you to access the post-paid services by yourself. Please contact your mobile service provider for more assistance on how you can get a post-paid number through the online system or mobile system.
Mobile number post-paid number requirement
- 2 recent passport photographs
- Photocopy of a valid identification document (national ID, passport)
- Any utility bill (water bill, electricity bill etc.)
- A current bank statement
- Recommendation letter (stamp LC letter etc.)
- Certificate of incorporation
- Trading licenses
- All recommended fees
- Mobile SIM card line
Office Locations & Contacts
- Physical Address
- 22 Hannington Road
- 22 Hannington Road
- Postal Address
- P.O. Box 24624 Kampala
- Fax Number: +256 (0) 312 212 233
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website:mtn.co.ug MTN
- P.O. Box 24624 Kampala
- Plot 28 - 30 Clement Hill Road
- P.O. Box 24144 Kampala Uganda
- +256 (0)20 4792 000 (reception)
- +256 79 0000 100 (customer care)
- Email: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plot 2/4A Rwenzori Courts ,
- Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7171,
- Kampala, Uganda Toll Free lines 997, 300
- Tel: +256 41 333 200
- Fax: + 256 41 345 907
- E-mail: Customercare.email@example.com
- Website :Uganda Telecom
- Airtel House,
- Plot no. 40 Jinja Road,
- P. O. Box 6771 Kampala
- Kampala toll free line 1100 or 0752 230110 from another line
- Fax: +256 75 2234933
- Website: Airtel Uganda
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- You should visit or call any of the services provider branch offices for more inquires on the recommended fees for registering a post-paid mobile number
- Doesn’t expiry as long as you make bill payments
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
One working day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
What you should know before applying for this service
- It is on a 12 months contract basis
- You pay a connection fees/set up fees
- You pay a refundable fees (deposit)
- Roaming fee
- Monthly charges
Once you are sure you meet all the above requirement, you should visit or call any of the below services provider branch offices for more inquires on how to register for a post-paid mobile number
Mobile network operators in Uganda
- MTN Uganda
- Airtel Uganda
- Uganda Telecom
- Africell Uganda
- Smile Telecom
- K2 Telecom
- Full names of the applicant
- Current date
- email/postal address of the applicant
- physical address
- mobile number (pre-paid )
- ID number
- serial number of the line
- gender of the applicant
- signature of the applicant
- amount to be paid on a monthly basis
- business/company name
Need for the Document
- This is a number issued with a contractual billing option enabling you to enjoy communicating at preferential rates conveniently. Message and talk for as long and as much as you want without worrying about recharging your call credit. One receives a monthly itemized bill which is to be settled at the end of every month or depending on the contract you have made with the service provider.
- They are commonly used and suitable for use by Non-Governmental Organizations, Business and Marketing Services, Security Services, or individuals. Also suitable for those who make bulk calls.
- This service is better for people with a secured income.
Information which might help
Post-paid mobile number
This is a post-paid service for both domestic and international calls, which is very convenient for use by Non-Governmental Organizations, Business and Marketing Services, Security Services, or individuals. Also suitable for those who make bulk calls. Under this arrangement, a client is required to sign a contract with mobile services provider and makes an advance payment charged. He/she will be provided with a monthly statement showing the number of transactions and amount charged.
- Saves time
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people