Uganda - Obtain a Tax Credit Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The withholding agent has to access the Uganda Revenue Authority web portal through http://www.ura.go.ug, then
- logs into the Uganda Revenue Authority account (using TIN and password),
- Select Generate tax credit certificate from the list of e-services on the left side,
- Generates TCC for more than single payee,
- provide return number and the period the click search for all the details to populate,
- select all then provide the following details if you want to generate TCC for single payee;
- Return period, Tin /name of the payee, Return number,
- Then select search to return the details of the taxpayer for which you can generate TCC, on generating TCC, you receive a notification that certificate generated successfully, an auto generated message will be sent to the payee with the attachment of a copy of the TCC An auto generated message will be sent to the payee with the attachment of a copy of the TCC also a withholding tax agent/payer can log into his account (TIN and password) and check under received messages to view the tax credit certificate.
NB: TCC stands for Tax Credit Certificate
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
URA Headquaters: Plot M193/M194,
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Other offices: Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about .
A withholding tax agent is required to generate and issue a Tax Credit certificate to the Payee
Free of charge
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Less than an hour.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
One has to log onto his account on the Uganda Revenue Authority website to generate the Tax Credit Certificate and issue it to the payee.
- Login ID
- return date
- nature of payment
- return number
- name of payee (Note All returns are done online)
Need for the Document
A person required to withhold tax on a payment made to a payee, is required to remit the withheld tax to Uganda Revenue Authority and file a Withholding Tax return by the due date. The withholding tax agent is required to generate and issue a Tax Credit certificate to the Payee. A registered Payee shall receive a copy of the Tax Credit Certificate (TCC) in Received Messages through their account on the Uganda Revenue Athority web portal
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.