Uganda - Obtain a Sugar Millers/Jaggery License (Mill Operating License)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The Forms and Regulations Governing licensing of millers and jaggery can be accessed from the Uganda Registration Services Bureau website.
- Fill out form accordingly and accurately. Each application is supposed to be accompanied by all the required documents.
- Submit the application form accompanied by the required documents to the Office of the Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- A jaggery manufacturing Licence shoud specify
- the premises in respect of which it is in force;
- the maximum quantity of jaggery which the holder of the Licence is permitted to manufacture during the validity of the Licence;
- On application made to the Minister and on payment of the fee, on such form and at such rate as may be prescribed by the Minister by rules made under Act, the Minister may grant to any person a Licence to manufacture jaggery.
- Factory license as a proof that the applicant's operations comply with the provisions of the Factory's Act.
- List of all growers with sugarcane farming and supply contracts as proof of availability and adequacy of sugarcane supply.
- Declaration of nature of supply of sugarcane such as nucleus estate or independent non-contracted sugarcane growers
- Details of the geographical area of production of sugarcane.
- A declaration with an undertaking that the quality of sugar and other products manufactured
- The applicant shall meet the standards set by the Uganda Bureau of Standards in accordance with the Standards Act.
- A certificate from a Public Health Officer and license as proof that applicants operations and premises satisfy safety and health standards stipulated by the Medical Officer of Health responsible for public health in accordance with the Public Health Act.
- Environmental impact assessment license as proof that applicant's operations comply with environmental standards set by the National Environmental Management Authority in accordance with the Environment, Management & Co-ordination Act.
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 21
Call Center: +256 417 338 100
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
Website:Uganda License portal
A person to obtain Jaggery Manufacturing Licence must fulfill the following
- Must have attained the apparent age of eighteen years ;( 18years).
- Should have not been convicted of an offence under section 2 or 7(3)(a) of the Enguli Act within the period of two years immediately preceding the date of his or her application for the Enguli Licence;
- The Applicant shouldn’t have been adjudged a bankrupt and has not, at the date of his or her application, been discharged, or has entered into a form of composition with his or her creditors; or
- The applicant should hold a valid jaggery manufacturing Licence issued to him or her under the provisions of Part III of the Enguli Act
- Application Fee: No Fee
- License Fee: UgShs. 100,000/= for jaggery mills and UgShs. 1,000,000/=for sugar factories
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
30 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- No person shall manufacture jaggery without a Licence being granted for that purpose by the Minister.
- Any holder of a jaggery manufacturing Licence who contravenes any provision of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding two thousand shillings.
- Name of applicant
- Telephone Number
- Physical Location
- District / Municipality
- L.R. No./Nos
- Names of Directors, addresses and signatures
- Warehouse Capacity in Metric Tonnes
- Physical Address
- L.R. No.
- Previous Experience
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- The Minister may revoke any jaggery manufacturing Licence granted under the Manufacturing and Licensing Act, if the holder of the Licence fails to comply with any matters specified in his or her Licence or contravenes any of the provisions of Act.
- Any holder of a jaggery manufacturing Licence who contravenes any provision of the section of the Act commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding two thousand shillings.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.