Uganda - Obtain a Permit to Operate a Petroleum Filling Station
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a petroleum filling station permit /license in Uganda the applicant has to contact the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that your company is registered with the Registrar of Companies.
- The application form must be accompanied with plans in quadruplicate showing the following:-
- The ground plan, all elevations and sections of the proposed petroleum filling station.
- Proposed petroleum filing station.
- The sitting of pumps and tanks.
- The layout of the means of approach to and means of egress from the proposed petroleum filling station in relation to the roads in the vicinity.
- A block plan showing the buildings existing on the plot on which to erect the proposed petroleum filling station and the buildings on adjoining plots.
- The Company should obtain investment certification from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, Obtain Tax clearance and Tax Identification Number from Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant has to contact the commissioner department of petroleum supply, to make sure whether, if you need to pay deposit for cost of experts.
- Also make sure to comply with the requirements of the Public Health Act or any rules made under it relating to building of petroleum filling station.
- The application forms can be obtained from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development or Kampala city council Authority.
- Also, make sure you have all the relevant documents that has been listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Get pay slips from the department of petroleum supply and pay application fee for license as you may be advised.
- An environmental impact assessment statement should be obtained from NEMA regarding your project for further processing.
- The applicant shall take the necessary insurance policies to protect against liabilities that may arise as a result of activities done under the petroleum business operation activities.
- Submit the application with relevant documents for approval upon receipt of an application by the authorities, and satisfied with all the requirements, a petroleum filing station permit shall be issued
- Particulars of the applicants proposals.
- A statement giving particulars of work and the minimum expenditure proposed for the block or blocks of petroleum filling station over which the license is sought.
- Its name and place of incorporation,
- The names and nationality of the directors or equivalent officers.
- Share capital,
- The name of any person who is the beneficial owner of more than five percent of the issued share capital.
- Information on the financial status.
- Technical and industrial competence and experience of the applicant.
- Other form of security for the performance and observance of the conditions to which the license may be subject.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical Address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
Postal Address: P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- Any applicant for any of the petroleum filing station with operating licenses above shall be allowed to operate a petroleum station in Uganda.
- A company that has been registered in Uganda to operate a petroleum filling station.
- The authorities shall, from time to time, fix the fees payable for a permit under this Ordinance.
- Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 3 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A person shall not conduct a business of petroleum filling station, except under and in accordance with the terms and conditions of a valid licence.
- A licensee shall sell petroleum to a person for the purpose of direct usage in Uganda or retailers under the petroleum Act.
- A person shall buy petroleum from vehicle designed for the purpose of transporting petroleum, with valid petroleum permit issued under the petroleum Act.
- A person who contravenes this section commits an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding one million shillings, or to a maximum term of imprisonment of one year, or to both
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant. (If body corporate, provide the corporate name, registered office address and place of incorporation).
- Tax Identification Number /VAT Registration Certificate.
- Corporate status of ownership (sole proprietorship, partnership, unincorporated business, incorporated private/public company, association or a co-operative)
- If the body corporate is incorporated outside Uganda, proof of establishment of the place of business in Uganda and registration as a foreign company in accord.
- Proposed location of project (District, county, sub county, parish and village)
- Size of Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility is to be constructed.
- Expected date of commencement of construction.
- Estimated date of completion of the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- Proof or commitment of insurance for protection against third party liability, and other construction liabilities.
- Description of the project and amount of investment capital, supported by a Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety programmes, equipment and plans for protection of occupation health, industrial safety and environment during regular construction operation as well as contingency plans for accidents, natural disasters and emergencies.
- Any other additional information considered relevant to this application
Need for the Document
- This procedure provides you with submission of application and evaluating process and approving or rejection information related to applying for a petroleum filling station operation permit in Uganda
Information which might help
- The Authorities may at any time cancel a permit if its holder fails to comply with any provision of the Ordinance or of any term, condition or restriction subject to which the permit was issued.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Website: http://www.petroleum.go.ug
More information which might help people.