Uganda - Obtain a Dredging License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a Dredging License in Uganda the applicant has to contact the Directorate of Water Resources Management, Ministry of Water and Environment.
- An application is made to the Executive Director of Directorate of Water resources Management on Form UIA 1 (obtainable from the Ministry of Water and Environment).
- The form is available at the cost of Shs.10, 000 and there is no processing fee.
- Once the application is successfully processed and the Directorate are happy with the documents submitted the Dredge license will be provided.
- Following contact information can be used:
- Ministry of Water and Environment
- Directorate of Water Resources Management,
- Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 19 Entebbe.
- Ministry of Water and Environment
- The application is approved/not approved
- Reasons for not approving.
- Name of Authorized Licensing Officer Signature Date
- Original to Licensee
- Duplicate (to Commissioner Water resource and sanitation) OFFICIAL STAMP
- Triplicate (to be retained in the book)
- Lifesaving equipment (State which equipment)
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Water and Environment
Directorate of Water Resources Management,
Phone: +256 – 414 - 699486
Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 19 Entebbe
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website: Ministry of water and environment
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- Must be lawful to dredge in any river in Uganda.
- Dredger (River) should be 18 years and above.
- Possesses rationale for requiring security for dredging
- Work permit from Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Application Form 10,000
- Licence fees: As prescribed on the application form.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 9 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Any person dredging in a river without a license, or contrary to the terms of the license commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding one thousand five hundred shillings for every day during which the offence continues.
- A person who acts in contravention of a regulation endorsed on the Licence under which that person dredges commits an offence, and is liable to a fine not exceeding three points currency.
- A person shall not dredge in a river without a Licence from the Minister.
- The Licence shall be in one of the forms set out in the Second Schedule.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex
- Name of river to which this dredge Act applies
- Purpose of the application
- Company name
- Attach letter of recommendation
- Attach photograph and copy of any identification
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
The law on Dredging does not specify the rationale for requiring security for dredging and neither is the fee specified.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.