Uganda - Obtain a Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Declarant registers the death with the Hospital Administrator, Sub county Chief or Town clerk depending on the place where the death occurred.
- Declarant will be issued with a short death certificate as proof of registration.
- Submit the short death certificate together with an identification card of the applicant and LC letter where the deceased resided in support of an application for a death certificate to Uganda Registration Services Bureau office.
- Pick assessment forms from our office and deposit the money in any bank of your choice. Clients can also make self assessment from the URA portal on www.ura.go.ug.
- Return the pay slip after payment and wait for issuance of your long death certificate.
Short Death Certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
For ANY inquiries, Please Call any of the numbers below and you can also write to:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
- P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
Director Business Registration: +256 414 258 819
Director Civil Registration: +256 414 341 663
Director Intellectual Property: +256 414 258 818
Email address: email@example.com
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
National applications: Ug shs 5000
Foreign applications: US $ 40
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Death registration is regulated by the Birth and Death Registration Act Cap 309 Laws of Uganda. Death registration is compulsory and should take place within one month from the event.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.