Uganda - Obtain a Certificate of Fish Vessel Ownership
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Pick and complete a registration certificate for fish vessel ownership Application form from directorate of Fisheries at the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries, as prescribed, by appropriate licensing authority.
- You must have a list of nominated names for the vessel. These names must be unique to the port that you wish to register under. A Certificate of Registry is valid for 1 year and must be renewed if you want to continue to fish for profit.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee in the Bank.
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents and attached a copy of pay slip from the bank
- Once the application is approved, a registration certificate of fish vessel ownership shall be granted to the applicant.
- The licensing authority may refuse to grant a fish vessel ownership certificate with as sounding reason, and may revoke any certificate granted, if it is satisfied that any of the terms and conditions upon which the certificate was granted has been contravened.
- The fish vessel owner is required to display a copy of the certificate in the place of business at all times
- a copy of certificate of incorporation - if the owner is a body corporate
- safety certificate - for vessels over 15 metres.
- International Tonnage Certificate (ITC69) - if the vessel is over 15 metres.
- Sea fish Certificate
- Applicant should obtain Clearance from Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives for non-nationals.
- For new business - original certificate of registration (Business name).
- certificate of incorporation for a (Company)
- Applicant should obtain clearance from Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Original ministry of agriculture receipt for the previous year indicating existing business
- Original trading License for the previous year for already existing business.
- Medical Certificates of Employees
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
- The fishing vessel must be wholly owned by individuals or a company of persons who are citizens or permanent residents of Uganda.
- The applicant who may be an individual or a director or agent of a company, must complete the Fishery application process
- The founder must pay the relevant license fee at the bank, as follows:-
- Vessel builder/local gear makers/ repair 500,000 Ugshs.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 3 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
If you own or use a fishing vessel it must be registered with the Registry of Shipping.
- Owner/Agent information:
- Complete name
- Fisher No
- ID No
- Contact numbers (home/work)
- Vessel Details:
- Year Built (age)
- Vessel Name
- Vessel Type
- Hull Material
- Dimensions of Vessel
- Proposed Number of Crew
- Emergency Plan for Vessel
Need for the Document
- All boats engaged in fishing in Uganda must be registered under the Directorate of Fisheries of the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
Information which might help
- Before registering the fishing vessel, the vessel's owner or agent must first apply as a fishery worker in Uganda by submitting an application to the Directorate of Fisheries.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.