Uganda - Obtain a Business certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Reserve your business Name at the Registrar's office
- Pay registration fees at the bank
- Obtain the necessary incorporation and Tax registration forms from the Uganda Bookshop.
- Sign the declaration of compliance before the commissioner of oaths.
- Obtain requisition for bank pay-in slip and Bank payment Advice forms from the Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Pay registration fees at a given bank.
- File for registration with the registrar general.
- File with the local office of the Uganda Revenue Authority , a personal inquiry form for each director and a coporate preliminary inquiry form, Receive a tax Identification Number (TIN).
- An inspector from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) comes to inspect your business premises.
- Apply for Pay As You Earn (PAYE).
- Obtain application forms for a Trading License.
- Licensing officer arranges to inspect your company premises and fills out an assessment form.
- Pay license fee at the bank.
- Obtain the trading license
- File a form with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Make a company seal
Your identity document like driver's license, passport, etc
- Proof of physical address and postal address, with contact numbers.
- Proof of employment
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
P.O BOX 7279
E-mail : email@example.com
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 219
Registrar General: +256 414 235 915
Fax: fax Line: +256 414 250 712
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar of Companies
Ministry of Justice
For a business to be eligible for a business certificate it should either be medium or large scale employing not less than 20 people.
Registration fees: UGX 50,000
Filing Fees: UGX 25,000
Filing Form A3: UGX 20,000
Filing Form 7: UGX 20,000
Filing Form 8: UGX 20,000
Filing Form A9: UGX 20,000
Opening office: UGX 156,500
Carrying out retail business: UGX 206,500
Carrying out wholesale business: UGX 366,500
Obtaining trading license: UGX 400,000
Register with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF)-free of charge.
Obtain a TIN and Register for taxes at the Uganda Revenue Authority: free of charge
The certificate is valid until such a time when the company is dissolved.
Documents to Use
- A completed application Form.
- Form A1: Statement of Nominal Capital.
- Form A2: Declaration of Compliance with the Requirements of the Companies Act on Application for Registration of a Company.
- Form A3: Before incorporation, shares are not yet paid for and thus not allotted. After incorporation, as soon as a company allots its shares, the returns should be registered within 60 days.
- Form 7: Particulars of the directors and secretary of the company is required to be filed within 14 days of company registration.
- Form 8: Any change in directorship and secretary of the company should be filed with the registrar of companies using a resolution and Form 8.
- Form 9A: Notice of the situation of the Registered Address of the company. This form must be filed with the Registrar of Companies within fourteen days of incorporation.
- Application forms for the trading license.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It take a week to process your documents
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
- Bank information
- Financial statement
- Balance sheet
Need for the Document
Once your business clientele begins to expand, it will become difficult for you to clinch those big deals without a fully registered business. Thus you need to acquire a Business certificate to make the business formal and legal by law.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Accessing credit from a financial Institution
- acquiring raw materials from a serious supplier,
- doing business with the Government of Uganda.
More information which might help people.