Uganda - Obtain a Aerodrome Construction Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- If you need to obtain a permit to construct an aerodrome, you need to submit an application in the form prescribed by the Authority.
- Fill the form and attach the relevant documents accompanied by the following:-
- a detailed design of the proposed construction including related architectural requirements;
- Aerodrome data in accordance with the characteristics of the critical aircraft for which the aerodrome is intended; and
- a topographical map of the proposed aerodrome site as specified by the Authority.
- After completing to fill the application form attach a valid authorization report from a relevant authority showing permission to use the place as an aerodrome construction site.
- Attach a national environment management report approved by the authority responsible for environment protection.
- Pay the prescribed fees and submit your application.
- The Authority shall prior to issuance of a construction permit, assess the suitability of the place proposed for construction taking into consideration.
- The proximity of the place to other aerodromes and landing areas including military aerodromes;
- Obstacles, terrain and existing airspace restrictions; and
- That it is not against public interest that the place where the aerodrome is to be constructed should be used as such.
- The Authority shall inspect the site of an aerodrome during construction to ascertain compliance with the standards prescribed and the terms of the aerodrome construction permit.
- The applicant on successful fulfillment of all the requirements as prescribed by the Authority and compliance with the set standard and terms, shall be issued an aerodrome construction permit.
- Aerodrome data in accordance with the Countries of critical air craft for which the aerodrome is intended.
- Detailed design of the proposed construction including detailed architectural requirements.
- The applicant must hold a valid authorization from a relevant authority for use of a place as an aerodrome construction area.
- The application must be approved by the authority responsible for national environment management.
- Topographical map of the proposed aerodrome site as specified.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Aviation Authority
Airport Road Entebbe International Airport.
P.O. Box 5536 Entebbe, Uganda
+256 312/414 352000
Email Address: email@example.com
An applicant for aircraft aerodrome construction permit shall meet in full the eligibility requirements stated in Civil Aviation Authority of the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Regulations 27.
Aerodrome construction permite inspection grant/renewal of Aerodrome Licence. Code No. code letter reference length
- A Less than 80M
- B 80m up to but not including 1200M
- C 1200M up to but not including 1800M
- D 1800M and Over.
These are the fees that are chargeable annually to individuals or organization constructing private Aerodrome as stated above shall be.
- Inspection fees A-250,0000,B-300,000,C-350,000,D-400,000
- Certificate fees A- 50,000,B-75,000,C-100,000,D-150,000
Search of aircraft register or any other register 20,000
Validity: 2 Years unless the permit is suspended, cancelled or revoked in accordance with the Regulations of UCAA.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Month
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Purpose of this permit is to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- A person shall not construct an aerodrome unless that person has a valid aerodrome construction permit issued under regulation.
- A person who contravenes the regulation commits an offense and is liable, on conviction, to a fine not exceeding forty eight currency points or to imprisonment not exceeding twenty four months, or both.
- Aircraft operators
- Approved maintenance organizations
- Organizations responsible for type design and/or #manufacture of aircraft
- Air traffic Services
- an aerodrome manual;
- a plan for the aerodrome;
- an environmental impact assessment report;
- approval from the relevant authority;
- proof of financial capability, in case of aerodromes in Category B;
- particulars of any non-compliance or deviations from the appropriate aerodrome design, operation or equipment standards;
- particulars of the airspace classification requirements; and
- Charges as prescribed in the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) or the Aeronautical Information Circular (AIC).
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- An applicant for a construction permit shall ensure that the design of the aerodrome is undertaken by a person registered by the relevant professional body.
- An applicant for a construction permit shall ensure that the construction of the aerodrome is undertaken by a person registered by the relevant professional body.
- A person who contravenes sub regulation (1) or (2) commits an offence and is liable, on conviction, to a fine not exceeding forty eight currency points or to imprisonment not exceeding twenty four months, or both.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.