Uganda - Obtain Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain your Aircraft maintenance engineer license, one has to fully complete and submit the prescribed application form.(Form CAA FSS/PEL/011)
- This form can be obtained by visiting the Personnel Licensing (PEL) Offices of the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority’s - UCAA Offices
- After filling the application documents you are required to submit them to the Directorate of safety,security,and economic regulation CAA offices.
- You are required to submit the Aircraft maintenance engineer’s License application form CAA FSS/PEL/011) with all the required documents for you to get approval to make payments for the prescribed application fees. These documents include:-
- attach a document that demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Proof that applicant passed all of the prescribed examinations for the rating sought, within twelve months preceding the date of filing the application.
- Proof that the applicant is at least eighteen years of age.
- Attach proof that the applicant comply with the knowledge, experience and competency requirements prescribed for the rating sought.
- A knowledge test report given after passing the Rating Board;
- A photo identification card or Passport.
- The receiving officers will check for discrepancies or ineligibility in the application documents. If a discrepancy that cannot be immediately corrected exists in any of the documents, the application and all the submitted documents will be returned to the applicant and should not be re-submitted until the discrepancy has been rectified corrected.
- If the receiving officers is satisfied that all the requirements have been met for the issue of a Licence and the prescribed application form has been completed and presented to the Directorate of Safety, Security and Economic regulation, the applicant will be advised to pay the prescribed application fees, after which the Licence will be issued.
- You are also to proceed to pay the prescribed application fees and submit the payment receipt to together with the application documents.
- An application fee between 200,000/= to 2,500,000/= is charged for the issuance of the license depending on weight of the aircraft.
- A processing time of 14 days is needed to complete the processing of the Air Traffic Controllers License application, after which you will be contacted through a phone call to collect your new license at the UCAA’s Personnel Licensing offices.
- You will be required to carry your identification documents when collecting your new license.
- A Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) who applies for an additional rating shall meet the requirements of the regulations.
- The applicant must be at least eighteen years of age.
- The applicant must comply with the knowledge, experience and competency requirements prescribed for the rating sought.
- The applicant must demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- The applicant must pass all of the prescribed examinations for the rating sought, within twelve months preceding the date of filing the application.
- The applicant shall be required by the Authority to pass a knowledge test in —
- air law; and
- A composite paper comprising of subjects required for initial issue of a category and rating sought.
- applicable Airworthiness requirements governing certification and continuing airworthiness;
- approved maintenance organizations and procedures; and
- Human factor.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Aviation Authority
Airport Road Entebbe International Airport.
P.O. Box 5536 Entebbe, Uganda
+256 312/414 352000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An applicant for a grant of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (AMEL) shall—
- be at least eighteen years of age;
- demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language;
- have completed an approved training in accordance with Approved Training Organization or Approved Maintenance Training programme;
- comply with the knowledge, experience and competency requirements prescribed for the rating sought; and
- pass all of the prescribed examinations for the rating sought, within twelve months preceding the date of filing the application.
- A Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) who applies for an additional rating shall meet the requirements of regulation Of the Authority.
License for aircraft maintenance engineer fees for the grant of a license or renewal or the inclusion of the rating shall be:-
- Licence or a renewal with examination 30,000/=
- Inclusion of the rating 10,000/=
- Additional examination 10,000/=
- Renewal of a license without examination 10,000/=
Validity: 2 Years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The Authority may transfer a type rating from a foreign Licence for the purpose of conversion of AMEL if—
- the aircraft type is endorsed on a foreign licence;
- that applicant is current on the aircraft type; and
- the type of aircraft is registered in Uganda.
- Full names
- Postal and physical address
- Date and place of birth
- Name of Approved Training Organization where you got instructed
- Particulars of Licence already held (Place and Date of Issue , Type of Licence, Number and Expiry Date )
- Whether yet examined for and obtained a medical certificate in accordance with the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Whether you are able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in accordance with the English language proficiency requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Whether you have met all the requirements for the issuance of this licence
- Signature of Applicant
- Date of Application
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
A person who holds a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (AMEL) issued by another Contracting State may apply to the Authority for and be issued an equivalent licence with the appropriate ratings, if the applicant—
- has a licence which is not under an order of revocation or suspension by the country that issued the licence;
- holds a licence which meets all the ICAO standards for that licence.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.