Uganda - Modify or Change information in Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Step One :
- Applicant should obtain Forms A and B and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office or download on the Immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.ug
Step Two :
- The forms should be taken personally by the applicant for endorsement by Area local council 1, 2, 3, RDC and DISO.
Step Three :
- After endorsements above, applicant should visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 150,000 for normal applications or UGX 300,000 for Express applications, UGX 250,000 for Official Passports and UGX 300,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
Step Four :
- You will be issued with a bank receipt which you will attach on your application.
Step Five :
- File your documents in a manila file folder and present them IN PERSON to the receiving officers at the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office. A receiving Slip will be issued to you indicating your receiving code and file number.
- Warning: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received.
Step Six :
- Collect your passport IN PERSON after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
- A letter addressed to the Passport Control Officer explaining the reason for the change of names.
- Supportive documents i.e deed poll, marriage, certificate etc
- Forms A and B, LCs endorsement may be omitted except where specifically required by the Passport Control Officer.
- 3 colored passport size photos (white background)
- Identification documents
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Email Enquiry Form: http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/contact-us
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
Kampala Main Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
Citizen of Uganda
The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 150,000 for normal applications or UGX 300,000 for Express applications, UGX 250,000 for Official Passports and UGX 300,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- To download forms:http://www.immigration.go.ug/downloads/test-downloads
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Only the Government of Uganda through the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control Uganda is the one in charge of processing and issuing passports. The main Passport office can be found at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Plot 75, Jinja Road.
Passport applications may also be processed through the Immigration regional offices.
- Duly endorsed forms A and B
- Covering letter from Employer/School/Parents/ Guardian or person well known to the applicant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
- Copy and original of applicants identifications documents e.g. National ID, Voters Card, Birth Certificates, School Certificate, Residential ID, Baptism Card or Employers Card.
- Recommendation from a citizen of good repute who shall provide you with a copy of his/her ID or Passport.
- Any other information as may from time to time be required by the passport Control Officer.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
It is important that the name on your passport matches you legal name. If there are any changes in your name, have the information on your passport modified as soon as possible.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Republic of Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs, Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Website: http://www.immigration.go.ug/page/uganda-travel-document
- Frequently asked questions: http://www.immigration.go.ug/faq
More information which might help people.