Uganda - Learner Driver License (Learner Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Approach the URA licensing office and fill Form VII. Address and contact informations are provided under the heading Office Locations and Contacts of this page.
- Get Form UCDP1, available at all licensing offices, fill it and get medical certification from any registered medical practitioner.
- Obtain Bank Payment advice forms, from the assessing officers at U.R.A, and make payment to the designated bank.
- After payment, return the application forms to the Tax paper service desk at the licensing office, and have your copy of the bank payment from acknowledged.
- Get to the area Fac technologies centre, after the period as advised by the licensing officer for your learner permit.
- Upon completion of driving lessons, get to pay test fees from any U.R.A licensing office, and together with a valid learner's permit apply for a driving test from the area Inspectorate of vehicle driving test office.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kyambogo Industrial Area, Uganda, Kampala
Customer care (+256)777 064227
Uganda Revenue Authority
P.O. Box 7279 Kampala, Uganda.
Telephone: 0417 442054, 442055, 443150
Fax: 0414 334419
Nakawa Industrial Area
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
U.R.A Transaxtion fees : 18,000
U.R.A Form Fees : 6000<br. Face Charges : 4,000
Total : 28,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a Learner driver license or a Learner Permit in Uganda. This is a provisional driving permit that allows the holders to learn to drive a motor vehicle under the supervision of an instructor. This is issued for a renewable period of three months.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.