Uganda - Learner Driver License (Learner Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Please visit the website Apply onlineand on the home page click on “e-services” and go to payment
- Then click on “payment registration”, then select NTR as Tax head and chose from the drop down of the NTR head, fill in all details in mandatory fields and click on “accept and register”
- You will get a payment slip to print out two copies and proceed to the bank (of your choice) and pay appropriate fees, to URA account (the bank will provide the account number)
- Thereafter, you will go to portal again and click on the link Download manual forms, Domestic taxes and download permit forms.
- Then select Click on “TR VII form” for the application of Full permit, Duplicate permit, learner permit, Provisional permit, extension of permit class, and exchange of a foreign permit.
- Pick up the application form [this form is NOT for sale] from any of these centres; TLB branch offices, Banks, Face Technologies Offices Application form for driving permit
- Fill and take the stamped slip from the bank with the filled forms with the required attachments (Medical form) to Face Technology
- Ensure you are examined by a registered medical practitioner for physical examination.
- Face Technologies will capture your Biometric features and then proceed to pay the required fees (cash) to Face Technology for producing Learners’ Permit
- Face Technologies will issue the Learners’ Permit after payment of the required fees
- Go to Licensed driving school (of your choice) with your learners’ Permit for the training
- Application Form UCDP1 must be completed and recommendation from medical practitioner required.
- Application fees .bank slip or cash
- National Identification card
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Registration Services Bureau:
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 21
Call Center: +256 417 338 100
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT:
Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd,
P.O. Box 7174,
General Phone: +256 414-320135/0414-321364
Minister of State (Works): 0414-349487
Minister of State (Transport): 0414-320026
Permanent Secretary: 0414-259322
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA):
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279,
Phone:+256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Face Technologies Offices:
Kyambogo Industrial Area, Uganda, Kampala
Customer care (+256)777 064227
Website: Face Technologies
Kampala: +256 39-3-518-615 / +256 39-3-518-586
Mbarara: +256 39-3-260-067
Fort Portal: +256 39-2-175-626
Jinja: +256 39-2-001-082
Mbale: +256 39-2-001-083
Gulu: +256 39-2-175-596
Arua: +256 39-3-260-038
Any Person living in Uganda of 18 years and above who wishes to learn how to drive in Uganda
- Payment Slip of UGX 30,000 for learners permit payable to URA.
- UGX 30,000 cash payable at the Face Technologies offices.
Valid for 3 months
Documents to Use
Form UCDP1 Application for driving Permit
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Within two weeks
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
- Name of the applicant
- Date/location of birth of the applicant
- Age of the applicant
- Gender of the applicant
- Nationality of the applicant
- Residential address of the applicant
- Medical examination test report
Need for the Document
- Learners permit enable the applicant to learn how to drive by enrolling into a government recognized driving institute
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Learner driver’s licences can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.