Uganda - How to Replacement of Lost O and A Level Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Uganda National Education Board (UNEB) does not issue duplicate certificates.in case of loss/damage of result slip and or certificate, a letter of verification of result issued to serve the concerned candidate. These are issued on request by individuals, educational institutions, employers and government agencies that carry out investigation
How to apply
- In person a former candidates should gather all the required documents and visit the Uganda National Education Board (UNEB) office locate on Ntinda office block and request for assistances on how to apply for a letter of verification of result (LVR)
- Fill in the application form accurately and attach the following
Individual should provide the following
- Present a letter of introduction from his/her former school/centre of sitting (exam),Signed by the head teacheror officers-in-charge of Examination Centres
- Bring a letter from police, in case of lost or damage of slip/certificate
- Present a copy of a valid identity card
- Pay a fee plus postage charges at current rates depending on where the letter verifying results is to be sent.
- Give a proper official address that should appear on the letter verifying results.
- Pay processing fees as determined from time to time. Payment will be made to the cashier and an appropriate receipt issued
- Candidates outside the country should send a copy of the identity document and a letter authorizing someone else to process the document. For overseas destinations the mode of postage is DHL/ EMS. EMS is also used within Uganda.
Institutions, agencies, bodies should provide the following
- A letter of request addressed to the executive secretary, UNEB
- Type list of persons whose results are to be verified indicating level of examination (PLE, UCE or UACE) year of sitting and the correct index number (including both centre and candidate number)
- Photocopies of the result document to be verified/confirmed and the original document where forgery is highly suspected
- Pay the Uganda national examination board against an invoice issued by the board
- Applications for letters verifying results from candidates who have not picked their result slips and certificates from their schools shall not be considered.
- Visit the Uganda National Education Board (UNEB) e-service website portal
- Click on Letter of verification under e-service and select either applying as an individual or non-individual
- You will be redirected to the next page, read through the instruction carefully then scroll down and fill in all the application form accurately
- then Upload all the required document submit the application
- The UNEB will verify and process your certificate
Requirement to apply online
- To apply online for Letters of verification/confirmation of results as an Individual, You must have the requirements below. (Note: upload pdf, jpg, jpeg or png files)
- An Introduction Letter from the Former School addressed to the Executive Secretary, UNEB.
- A Valid Identity
- A Letter from Police, in case of loss or damage of Slip/Certificate.
- The Payment should be made to the UNEB account that is 50,000 Ugx for an Ordinary Letter and 100,000 Ugx for a Hard Card that serves as substitute for a Certificate (Payable through Airtel/MTN Mobile Money or Bank Deposits)
Note: Application on behalf of another, Authorization Letter and Identity Document from the Candidate is required.
- Candidate Result slip (if available)
- Copy of candidate ID card
- Police report
- Letter of school or centre of sitting
- Letter of authorization in case of third party
- Third party ID card
- Application fees (ordinary letter and hard copy certificate)
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda National Education Board (UNEB)
Address: Plot 35 Martyrs Way Martyrs' Way, Kampala
P.O.BOX 7066, KAMPALA, Uganda
Phone: +256 41 4286635
Ministry of Education and Sports
P. O. BOX 7063 Kampala, Uganda
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Communication Information Management)
Email: email@example.com (BTVET)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Statistics)
Tel: 0414259338 (PRO)
Tel: 0414 257 038 (Permanent Secretary)
Tel: 0414 230 241 (Human Resource Management)
Tel: 0414 233 357 (Statistics Monitoring and Evaluation)
Tel: 0414 671680/1 (Teacher Management Information System - Helpline)
- All candidates who sat for their Uganda national examinations and lost or damage their O and A level certificate
- 50,000 Ugx for an Ordinary Letter and 100,000 Ugx for a Hard Card
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the applicant
- Address and contact information
- School or Examination Center
- Full index Number
- Year of examination
- National ID
- Applicant signature
- Proof of payment
Need for the Document
- The certificates are proof that one has acquired secondary education in Uganda
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The certificates are used when applying for admission to higher levels of education i.e. tertiary levels
- The certificates are required when applying for job placements
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.