Uganda - How to Registration of a Political Party
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply in person
- Applicant should write a formal letter to the Electoral Commission stating their intention to register a political party and make a reservation of the Name, Symbol, Slogans and Colours of the Political Party as well
- The applicant should then visit the Electoral Commission office and request for the application form (form 1) and a Declaration of Assets and Liabilities and Particulars of the Political Party or Organization (Form 2)
- The applicant should then dully filled the application forms and should be endorsed by a commissioner for oaths/notary public
- Submitted the filled forms and all the required documents copies to the electoral commissioner
- The electoral commissioner will process your application upon receiving it and an independent inquire will be formed to verify the authenticity of your application
- The electoral commissioner will the publish your application with the government gazette within 30 days of receiving your application, inviting objection from any person concerning the registration of the party within 14 days of publish
- If all the information are in order and the is no public objection, the electoral commissioner will then register the political party, upon payment of all fees within six months
- Where upon independent inquiries, the Electoral Commission is of the opinion that the particulars submitted are false or inaccurate—
- (a) The Electoral Commission shall, within 14 days, give notice of its opinion in writing and require the party or organization to show cause why the registration should not be refused and
- (b) The political party or organization shall submit its answer in writing within 21 days after receipt of the notice.
- Two copies of party constitution
- Form 1 and 2 duly filled by the applicant and endorsed by a commissioner for oaths/notary public
- a list of the full names and addresses of at least fifty members of the organization from each of at least two thirds of all the districts of each of the traditional geographical regions of Uganda and who must be resident or registered voters in the district.
- Provide a full description of the identifying Symbols, Slogans, and Colours of the Organization or Political Party
- Proof of registration fee payment
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 55 Jinja Road ,
P.O.Box 22678, Kampala, Uganda
Public Relations: email@example.com
Toll Free Line: 0800200071
Nakapiripirit Electoral Commission
Address Nakapiripirit ,Uganda
Bukwo Electoral Commission
Address Access Road Kampala Uganda
Phone + 256704664094
Uganda Electoral Commission Pallisa
Address Pallisa ,Uganda
Electoral Commission office Alebtong
Address Aloi ,Uganda
Uganda Electoral Commission Kagadi Branch
- Person or group, who wants to register a political party in Uganda
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Within 7 months if all the information are in order and the is no public objection
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The Electoral Commission shall not register any political party or organization whose— (a) Name, symbol, slogan, or colour resembles that of a political party or organization that has already been registered or contravenes (b) Aims, objectives, or constitution, contravene any law.
- Name, symbol, slogan, or colour resembles that of a political party to be registered
- a list of the full names and addresses of at least 50 members of the political party or organisation from each of at least two-thirds of all the districts of each of the traditional geographical regions of Uganda listed in the Second Schedule, being members ordinarily resident or registered as voters in the district
- Two copies of the constitution of the political party or organisation duly signed by authorised officers of the political party or organisation
Need for the Document
A political party is an organized group of people who have the same ideology, or who otherwise have the same political positions, and who field candidates for elections, in an attempt to get them elected and thereby implement the party's agenda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.