Uganda - How to Pay Water Bills
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Original to pay a water bills, a customer would make payment to any nearby National Water & Sewerage Corporation office. The Corporation however has phased out its cash offices and has introduced the new e-water bills payment systems. The e-water bills payment system include the following:-
1.Making payment in partnering banks,
- In this case a client after receiving his / her water bill, he / she should start by identifying the nearest branch of a partnering bank;
- Go to the identified branch, obtain a National Water & Sewerage Corporation bank deposit slip (if availed) and fill in the information required (in some banks this slip is not availed therefore when at the bank, the clients just starts with the next step below);
- At the bank, go to the counter and present the water bill the teller; in some partnering banks, a filled in slip if availed and deposit money to the teller / cashier at the counter.
- The teller / cashier shall credit the clients National Water & Sewerage Corporations account with the amount deposited and thereafter issues a stamped receipt as confirmation of payment.
- After deposit is made by the teller / cashier, National Water & Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) is updated about the deposit and the client receives an instant SMS message confirming payment deposit.
2.The mobile money pay bill service in partnering telecom companies,
- The client must ensure that he / she has a sim-card from a partnering telecom company and be registered with mobile money;
- From the phone menu, select the prompt Mobile Money;
- Under mobile Money select Pay bills;
- Select National Water & Sewerage Corporation;
- Then the client then selects the region he / she is located;
- Thereafter type in the customer reference number and the amount of money to be paid;
- Then press yes / ok.
- Details of payment are displayed and therefore the client must confirm if it is the right information or not;
- If information is confirmed right, the client shall then enter in his / her pin / access code;
- The transfer shall be made;
- The client after the transfer receives instant confirmation message(s) of the transaction.
- National Water & Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Water Bill
Office Locations & Contacts
National Water & Sewerage Corporation
Plot 39, Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 7053 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: (+) 256 414 315100 / 0312 260 414/5,
Fax: (+) 256 414 258 299 / 345 531,
Water bills can be cleared by anyone who meets requirements.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Payment at the bank within 24 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.Clients do not have to go to the corporations offices to make any payments;
2.Payments should be by making a deposit in a partnering bank or through mobile money services of a partnering telecom company;
3.A client does not need an account to make payment in a partnering bank;
4.For mobile money payment, a customer must have a sim-card of any of the partnering telecom company;
5.The client should have a mobile money account;
6.The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
1.NWSC customer reference number;
2.The amount to be paid to the NWSC account;
3.Clients mobile phone number;
5.Location of client
Need for the Document
In Uganda, the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) is the established body with the mandate of handling water services in the country. The corporation has the mandate to operate and provide water and sewerage services in specific area in the country on a sound, commercial and viable basis. When water is provided to its clients / customers, the corporation issues water bills to them; a water bill shows how much water a client used in a given period of time (usually a month) and the fees attached to the water used.
Information which might help
1.The National water seeks to ease the lives of its clients thats why it has phased out payment in offices where customers were supposed to move long distances to locate a nearby office and in addition through issues of following long lines. With the new e-water bill payment, customers no longer need to travel all the way to National Water cash offices to pay their bills; it has eliminated delays in updating customer accounts and customers can easily check their balances.
2.With mobile money, payment can be made any time;
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
1.Payment of a water bill avoids being disconnected;
2.The country receives revenue through taxation (VAT)
3.The National water and Sewerage corporation is able to run its services efficient and effectively;
4.The corporation is able to sustain its activities and employees;
More information which might help people.