Uganda - How to Apply for a Diplomatic Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
In person application
- Gather all the required documents and visit the Ministry of Immigration and foreign affairs Uganda or the Uganda embassy/consultant or high commission in the country you are currently residing
- Approach the services desk and request for the application form, read through the instruction and fill it accurately
- Attach all the required document copies and submit them to the attending official, who will verify and process your application
- if all the information are in order you will be issued with the visa
- Visit the ministry of immigration and foreign affairs website portal Link Apply online scroll down and click on “Start a new application”
- Read through the terms and conditions then click on “Accept”, you will then be redirected to the next page, begin your application process
- Now select type of application; under visa or permit type drop box select “visa ” under category drop box select “visa for Diplomatic and official passport Holders”, under subcategory drop box select either “Diplomatic or official “then click on” next step”
- Then fill the application form read through the instruction carefully and fill it accurately, verify all the information is correct then click on “next step “
- upload all the scanned required documents
- finally step is submitting the application form and required documents
- Once the application is submitted it will be studied by an Immigration Officer, The decision taken on the application will be sent electronically through the email provided by the applicant.
- Scanned the following document
- Diplomatic passport (Bio-data page and cover page) with at least 6 month validity
- Vaccination certificate (yellow fever)
- Recent passport size photograph
- Diplomatic Note
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Immigration and foreign affairs Uganda
Plot 75, Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191, Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of immigration
Email Enquiry Form: contact us
Uganda embassy /consulate/high commissioner :
- A diplomatic passport is a passport which is issued to someone who must travel internationally on official state business
- Free of charge
- Visas are usually valid based on the consulates discretion.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Diplomatic Visa: Issued for Single or Multiple entries to holders of Diplomatic passports who are on official duty.
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth of the applicant
- Gender of the applicant
- Marital status of the applicant
- Nationality of the applicant
- Email/Phone number of the applicant
- Residential address
Need for the Document
Diplomatic passports are issued to people holding diplomatic status or deputed by the Government of Uganda for official duty abroad
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.