Uganda - How to Apply for Cattle Trade License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a cattle trader’s licence shall be made in the prescribed form to a veterinary officer in the area in which the applicant intends to carry on business as a cattle trader.(application form) (endorsement of cattle trader)
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill the form accurately, attach all the required documents and submit them to the attending officer
- The officer will then verify and process your document and if all the information are in order you will be issued with the licences within one day upon payment of the licences fees
- When a veterinary officer refuse to issue a licence, he or she shall communicate, in writing, to the applicant for the licence the grounds of the refusal.
- Any person aggrieved by the refusal of the veterinary officer to issue a cattle trader’s licence may, within thirty days of the refusal being communicated to him or her, appeal to the Minister of Agriculture
- Filled Application form endorsed by the area of operation District Veterinary Officer
- Proof that the applicant has never been convicted of an offense under the Cattle Traders Act and the Animal Diseases Act.
- Payment of local government revenue (varies according to different local governments)
- 2 photograph of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries:
Phone: +256 414 320 006
Physical Address: Lugard Avenue Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Uganda Agriculture Website
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
(Excluding weekends and public holidays)
Directions: View Direction
- All cattle traders in Uganda
- Licences fee and renew licences fee is UGX 5000
- The licences is valid for one year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is one working day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
On application being made to him or her for the issue or renewal of a cattle trader’s licence, a veterinary officer may, in his or her discretion, refuse to issue or renew the licence—
- if he or she is satisfied that the applicant has been convicted of an offence against the cattle trade Act or any provision of the Animal Diseases Act or any other rules
- If he or she is of the opinion that the applicant has insufficient resources or lacks sufficient experience to engage satisfactorily in the business of a cattle trader.
- Full name of the applicant
- Residential address of the applicant
- Name of employer or principle
- Two copies of applicant photograph
Need for the Document
The purpose of issuing the certificate by the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries is to regulate cattle trading in Uganda
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.