Uganda - Get a Duplicate Stamp Duty Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the portal and on the home page click on e-services, stamp duty then select Duplicate Certificate issuance.
- Type in the certificate number and the barcode number obtained from URA office.
- Click on search to get the details, the system will generate a payment slip for you to print and pay the levy. After paying in the Bank you will visit the Portal again and on the home page click on e-services, stamp duty then select Stamp Certificate issuance.
- Type in the Acknowledgement number and the barcode number obtained from URA office.
- Click on show details, the system will display the certificate for you to print.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY
P. O. Box 7279 Kampala Uganda
Telephone (0417) 442054, 442055, 443150 Fax: (0414)334419
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web portal: URA
URA TOLL FREE HELPLINE: 0800117000
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) branch offices: branch offices
- All person with property value in Uganda
What documents are eligible for stamp duty?
- Letter of credit
- A mortgage deed
- Hire purchase agreements
- A sales agreement
- Lease agreement
- Transfer of instruments e.g. land transfers
- Adoption deed etc.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Immediately upon payment of the duplicate stamp duty certificate fee
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- If you were not able to print the stamp certificate first time, you will apply to get a Duplicate certificate.
- Certificate number
- Barcode number
Need for the Document
- Stamp duty is a tax that is levied on documents such as cheques, receipts, supplies to government, marriage licenses, and land and property transactions.
Information which might help
Why do you need to legalize your documents?
- It makes the document admissible as evidence in the courts of law hence legal and binding.
- The stamp duty service provides security of any property document presented since your interests are protected under the stamp duty law.
- It makes some documents honorable whenever they are presented to the public and private.
- Stamp duty services enhance your decision making process for any transaction since declarations are processed faster
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.