Uganda - Endorse Third Party Interest (Caveat) on a Motor Vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Note that this facility is only available for vehicles which have new registration books
- The interested party writes to the licensing office and makes declaration of instrument to pay stamp duty.
- Documents are delivered to Licensing office for acknowledgement and if the officer is satisfied with the details, an assessment to pay endorsement fee of Ug shs50, 000 will be raised.
- The interested party makes payment to the bank then returns the evidence to Licensing office.
- Upon confirmation of payment, the application will be processed and the registration book with Third Party Endorsement issued.
- If a person has interest in more than one vehicle and wants to endorse all of them, he or she drafts a letter requesting for endorsement for each one of them and pays stamp duty for each separately.
- Acknowledgement Receipt
- Original registration book
- Payment for endorsement and stamp duty
- Letter requesting for the endorsement
- Written agreement with stamp duty paid
Office Locations & Contacts
UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY
P. O. Box 7279 Kampala Uganda
Telephone (0417) 442054, 442055, 443150 Fax: (0414)334419
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web portal: URA
URA TOLL FREE HELPLINE: 0800117000
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) branch offices : Offices contacts
- Offices to access endorse of a motor vehicle services in Uganda :(click on where to access the service)
- All owner of a motor vehicle that are registered by the Uganda revenue authority
- Endorsement fee : UGX 50,000
- Stamp Duty : UGX 5,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- URA will notify you about your application status within 2 working days after receiving all the necessary information.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Endorsement of third party interests in a registration book implies that no transactions should be carried out without the consent of the third party. Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies, Limited Companies and even individuals may want to endorse their interest on particular motor vehicle. Such interest may arise out of loans, instalment payments or any agreements/liabilities between the two parties.
- The person who wishes to endorse these interests is referred to as a “third party”. The interested third parties communicate to URA in writing expressing their interests. The Licensing officer must satisfy him/herself that there exists a mutual contract or agreement between the owner and third party.
- Name of the applicant/owner
- Vehicle Registration number plate
- Written letter and stamp duty to the URA
- Full Names of the third party
- Residential /postal/email Address of the applicant (owner)
- Phone number of the owner
Need for the Document
- This is a process where a taxpayer puts a restriction on/in the registration book and vehicle register hindering the rendering of a service until there is consent or agreement from the parties concerned through the URA
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.