Uganda - Duplicate Driver License Or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This is a replacement permit issued to an applicant when their original driver's permit is lost, defaced or when one seeks to make legal name changes on the permit.
- If your driver license is lost or stolen, you would have to give an advert in news paper stating that your driver license is lost or stolen and request people to return it, if they have found it. Also you have to make a report in the police station stating the loss of your driver license.
- After two weeks of the news paper advert, if you haven't received your driver license.get to the nearest U.R.A licensing office with a police report and a newspaper advert copy, of loss of the permit, at least two weeks old.
- In case of a defaced permit, carry the existing permit while cases of name change require attachment of proof or name change like a certified copy of marriage certificate or deep doll copy, stamp duty paid affidavit and advert in the Uganda gazette.
- Fill in a duplicate application Form (TRII VII) and medical form (UCDP1), (may not bear medical practitioner's remarks n case of computerized permits). Attach appropriate documentation above and bank advice forms for duplicate fees.
- After paying in the designated bank, return the duplicate application to the TAX payer service desk, at the licensing office, for processing and receipt acknowledgement.
- Proceed to the area Face Technologies centre, as advised by the licensing officer, pay for and obtain a replacement permit.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kyambogo Industrial Area, Uganda, Kampala
Customer care (+256)777 064227
Uganda Revenue Authority
P.O. Box 7279 Kampala, Uganda.
Telephone: 0417 442054, 442055, 443150
Fax: 0414 334419
Nakawa Industrial Area
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
U.R.A Transaxtion fees : 35,000 (One year)
U.R.A Form Fees : 6000
Face Charges : 20,000
Total : 61,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a duplicate driver license or permit in Uganda, if your driver license is lost, stolen or damaged.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.