Uganda - Certification of Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Write a request for certification your passport addressed to the passport control office, and attach all the required documents to it.
- You can pay the money to certify the passport at any URA revenue collection bank such as the Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Barclays, Orient, etc. Certification of a passport in Uganda will cost you Shs30, 000 per copy and this is exclusive of bank charges
- After paying the money, you’ll attach the payment receipt to the rest of the documents.
- Visit the passport control office and present you passport for certification.
- The assisting officer will verify all the information you have provided and forward you application to be processed.
- After two days visit the passport control office where you made you application to collect your passport.
Please follow the steps below to make the on-line passport application.
- Log into passport portal :portal
- Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Answer simple security questions.
- Complete the passport application form indicate the copies of bio-data of passport to be certified
- Print certification Passport Application Payment Advice Form
- Make payment for passport for which certification is sought using the selected payment method.
- Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the schedule appointment link on the home page home page Link 1
- You should then print your filled certification application and three copies of the invoice to present to the DIRECTORATE of CITIZENSHIP and IMMIGRATION CONTROL department offices.
- The online application form will require the applicant to fill all the details. After you fill all the details you will then be asked to review the form and ascertain that the details therein are correct. If everything is okay then you should click continue for the final submission.
Visit immigration offices to complete application
- After printing the application and invoice you are required to visit Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office in Kampala, or at Uganda High commission abroad for Verification of fingerprints, digital photo and signature and also to drop required documents.
- You must appear in-person for digital photo and biometrics capture in Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office in Kampala, or at Uganda High commission abroad .
- You must present the following documents to the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices:
- scanned copies of bio-data of passport to be certified.
- Original passport for which certification is sought.
- written request for certification addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
- 2 passport size photos.
- Proof of bank payments forms for certification fees of 30,000 per copy.
- A bank return to application for certification.
- After lodging the application the passport will be ready for collection at the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices after 2 working days.
- You will be contacted through phone text and/or email when to collect your certified copies of passport.
- Present 4 scanned copies of bio-data of passport to be certified.
- Attach Original passport for which certification is sought.
- Attach written request for certification addressed to the Passport Control Officer
- Attach 2 passport size photo
- Attach bank slip to application for certification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of external Affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration,Regional offices: List
- All Ugandan passport holders are eligible to get certification for their passports after obtaining them
- The certification fee is UGX 30,000 (Uganda Shillings) per copy
- Passport is valid for 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 2 working days from the day of application
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- After obtaining your passport, it is required by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, to take it to the passport control office to get a certification on it. Present and pay the application fees and attach the bank slip with the rest of your documents with the application at the passport office in your residence area. After two working days visit the office to collect your passport.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- It is important to get you passport certified to prove its authenticity
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports are used as prove of identity
More information which might help people.