Uganda - Certification of Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Write a request for certification your passport addressed to the passport control office, and attach all the required documents to it.
- You can pay the money to certify the passport at any URA revenue collection bank such as the Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Barclays, Orient, etc. Certification of a passport in Uganda will cost you Shs30, 000 per copy and this is exclusive of bank charges
- After paying the money, you’ll attach the payment receipt to the rest of the documents.
- Visit the passport control office and present you passport for certification.
- The assisting officer will verify all the information you have provided and forward you application to be processed.
- After two days visit the passport control office where you made you application to collect your passport.
Apply Online :
- First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online.
- In order to apply for online, please follow the link online portal:online portal
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Application type".
- You will be taken to a new screen where you have to select “passport application ” in the drop down menu against “Please select the type of application form to be taken”.
- In the next window, please click “fill the form” option
- The following screen gives you the option to "Add documents" . Here please add all the required documents on the application form. Please select and enter all the appropriate documents and click “OK”. After filling the prompted detail then click “submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Please take printout of Acknowledgement
- Go to the Director of citizenship and immigration office in the Ministry of internal Affairs with acknowledgement and application form and pay the fees and submit the document at the right counter to process further.
- Present 4 scanned copies of bio-data of passport to be certified.
- Attach Original passport for which certification is sought.
- Attach written request for certification addressed to the Passport Control Officer
- Attach 2 passport size photo
- Attach bank slip to application for certification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of external Affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Regional offices: List
- All Ugandan passport holders are eligible to get certification for their passports after obtaining them
- The certification fee is UGX 30,000 (Uganda Shillings) per copy
- Passport is valid for 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 2 working days from the day of application
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- After obtaining your passport it is required by the Ministry of Internal Affairs to take it to the passport control office to get a certification on it. Present and pay the application fees and attach the bank slip with the rest of your documents with the application at the passport office in your residence area. After two working days visit the office to collect your passport.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- It is important to get you passport certified to prove its authenticity
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports are used as prove of identity
More information which might help people.