Uganda - Cancel (Surrender) and Suspension of Pharmacist Certificate of Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Where the board orders a pharmacist’s certificate of registration to be cancelled or suspended, the registrar —shall serve on the pharmacist a written notice informing him or her of the order and requiring him or her to deliver up the certificate within twenty-one days of the date of service of the notice;
The registrar shall cause the notice of the cancellation or suspension to be published in the Gazette.
The Registrar shall, in the case of cancellation, delete the name of the pharmacist from the register; and on such deletion, the pharmacist shall cease to be a member of the society.
if the case is one in which an appeal may be lodged, the registrar shall not take any action under this subsection until the time limited for giving notice of appeal has expired or, if an appeal is lodged, until it has been finally disposed of.
When the period of suspension of a pharmacist’s certificate of registration comes to an end, the registrar—shall return the certificate to the pharmacist; and shall cause notice of the ending of the suspension to be published in the Gazette.
- Duly filled application form.
- Introduction letter from Head of Institution stating.
- the period of temporary engagement in Uganda with specific dates
- the justification for engaging a temporary pharmacist who is an expatriate
- the activities to be carried out by the expatriate(s) and the reporting relationship with National Pharmacist if It exists in the organization.
- Certified Copy of certificate of registration as Pharmacist in Country of Origin.
- Letter of good standing with the registration body in country of origin.
- Certified Copies of academic documents with Pharmacy qualification.
- Copy of passport page with personal details.
- Commitment letter of Supervising Pharmacist of the organization confirming that he/she will have temporary practice in Uganda as Pharmacist endorsed by head of institution.
- Two recent passport photos.
- Curriculum Vitae of the person wishing to have temporary pharmacy practice in Uganda.
- Job description of expatriate Pharmacist.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda
Physical Address: Pharmacy House
Plot 1847 Kyambogo Banda
Postal Address: P.O.Box 3774 Kampala Uganda
Phone: 256 414 581679/+256 414 348 796/+256 392174280
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Drug Authority
Secretariat Head office, Rumee Towers
Plot No. 19, Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096 Kampala, Uganda.
Fax: (256) 41-255758
To cancel or surrender pharmacist certificate of registration as member of the society.
- The applicant MUST have attained the age of twenty -one years.
- The applicant MUST have paid the prescribed fees.
- The applicant MUST have not been adjudged by a court to be of unsound mind.
- The applicant MUST have not been convicted by a court whether in Uganda or elsewhere of any offence involving fraud or dishonesty.
- The applicant must possess licensed pharmacist qualification certificate.
- The applicant MUST be of good character.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Pharmacist registration is valid for one years and must apply for registration expiration procedure again.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 21 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name
- Educational background
- Job title
- ID Number
- Qualification Certificate Number
- Exam Year
- Time to work
- Practice Areas
- Production and use of wholesale and retail
- Practitioners category
- Name of practice
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Practitioners Unit Check Opinion
- Practitioners Pharmacist Registration Agency Examine Opinion
- Equipment Note
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.