Uganda - Applying for immigration Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Check the current Ugandan visa regulations from the Ugandan foreign ministry from here or find the Ugandan embassy in your country of permanent residence to obtain the visa application requirements for Uganda;
- Get a visa application form and fill it in accurately;
- Make all the necessary payments;
- Attach all the necessary documents;
- Submit passport with all the documents any diplomatic mission or consular institution of the Republic of Uganda in your country of residence;
- Interview appointment letter is given which you must carefully read to get all the interview details at heart such as the date of interview, venue and particular time.
- The next step is Visa interview: This process involves interviews with questions on a number of issues. It is either a miss or catch for visa interview. Although you badly need the Visa to finalize travel plans, the interview is a must and often involves stress and anxiety;
- A visa is then stamped into ones passport after passing the interview;
- Foreigners from outside Africa may apply for a residence permit. which can be obtained prior to departure at the Uganda embassy in their home country.
- On arrival at the Airport obtain and fill student pass forms;
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Proof o nationality
- Payment slips
- Residential Permit
- A recent coloured passport size photo with white background.
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75, Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191, Kampala Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Embassies / Consulates of Uganda in the applicants country of residence.
3rd Floor, UAP Building Plot 1 Kimathi Avenue
P. O. Box 4240, Kampala, Uganda Web: www.ugis.co
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +256 414 259 861
An immigration visa is issue to individuals who permanently want to settle in the country
- Visa fees are as follows
- Single entry U$ 50 per individual
- Multiple entry visa 6-12 months U$ 100
- Multiple entry visa 24 months U$ 150
- Multiple entry visa 36 months U$ 200
Valid for over 10 years.
Documents to Use
- A complete filled application form
- Visa application letter addressed to the issuing authority of the concerned country. http://www.ugandahighcommission.com/consular-services/visa-application
Visa Application form can be downloaded from http://www.ugandahighcommission.com/consular-services/visa-application
The period for processing an application for a student visa is two (2) working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year;
- On arrival, one are required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the *provision of required biometric information;
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
- A pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holders stay in the country for the period granted;
- One should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- One must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- Full name and contact details of the student applying for a visa;
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of visit;
- Details and contact address of parents or guardian where the applicant shall be staying in Uganda.
Need for the Document
A visa is a clearance permitting a person to proceed to visit another country. An immigration visa is a clearance that permits a person to another country to apply for permanent residence.
Information which might help
- It is important to note that
- The Ugandan Embassies and Consular Offices are the only authorized Ugandan Government Agencies, who are permitted to grant Ugandan visas in a different country.
- A visa in your passport does not guarantee entry. That remains the right of the immigration officials in Uganda.
- Arrival / departure declaration cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Sometimes you may be required to provide additional documents.
- Carefully read through your interview appointment letter.
- Carry all required documents that may have been asked for in the interview appointment letter.
- Photos should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Once admitted as a Legal Permanent Resident, an applicant generally has the right to live and work in Uganda permanently.
- One can work and study in Uganda
- An applicant can be enrolled in any schemes for some social services like health-related care and expenses
- He / she can access certain social security payments
- Apply for Ugandan citizenship (after you have lived in the country for a given period of time)
- Propose family members for permanent residence
- Attend English language classes
- Detailed information is captured for a foreigner entering into the country;
- Someone can easily be contacted in cases of nay emergencies as information where he / she will be staying is captured through the process.
More information which might help people.